1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 6 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Apr 15, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Ambika Is No Subbudu!

Dear Sharada,

Ambika, however hard she may try, cannot become a Subbudu. As for IL, there will be only one Subbudu and that's the one and only Sharada.

Had Ambika been Subbudu she would have pounced at me as you and others did soon after the 4th episode. Instead she kept quiet. I saw her reading the story but she did not opt to comment. She waited for two clean episodes and then gently chided me for the fourth. I had no option than to retract all my defence statements.

Don't worry, Sharada, I wont change the names. It will be only Sharada. Most of the ILites have fallen in love with her character and won't let me change the name.

Sethu did not take to drinks not because I am a teetotaller but because Sethu is a teetotaller. I have moved with some of the country's best accounting brains and found them all to be teetotallers.
    Most of us accountants are already drunk with the professional excitement that comes with our good work. So need to get intoxicated by alchohol.
    Thanks for chiming in, Sharada.
    48 hours to go for my next exam. I am tense as I am under the watchful eyes of Lady Subbudu.
    regards,
    Varalotti

2. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Still laughing!

Varalotti,
    Subbudu is still laughing at your hilarious response! Had to step in as the argument was becoming very interesting and heated! Ambika is very diplomatic - it took her two weeks to gently chide you for the 4th episode and she actually apologised to your legion of fans (I would have roared!) if she had inadvertently stepped on corns! She's too mild to enter the battlefield - but Ambika, not to worry, air your views without fear or inhibition, because Subbudu is with you!
    Prepare well for your exam cos I'm sharpening my claws!
    Waiting to draw blood,
    Sharada

3. varalotti

You fought with your claws, Ambika with her heart!

Sharada,
    I wont say Ambika was just diplomatic. She was actually strategic. Your claws and Vidya's (it was no less sharper than yours) made me very defensive. Naturally when you see the claws you prepare for a fight. So I had to write a strong defensive reply to you people.
    Ambika's attack was skilful. She surveyed the battlefield and among canons, AK47s and all, she spied a soft target, the writers heart. She waited for the right time (2 weeks here) and then sent her missiles straight onto the target.
    I can withstand the attack of a thousand claws (for the Claws Association I still hold on to my arguments; I have relented only for the hearts people) but not that of a single heart.
    I fell down, Sharada, this time not hurt but enlightened. There was a sweetness in that failure which I relished far more than the success I had with the claws association.
    Now, Lady Subbudu, one more request. Every examination has to be valued independently. A good valuer does not allow past performance to cloud her judgment.
    Please remember this Madam, while you are busy sharpening your claws?
    I am not demeaning claws. After all you need both the claws and the heart to survive in this world.
    Ambika, are you there? Wont you say something?
    regards,
    Varalotti

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  4. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

carry on the banter

Dear Sridhar

Despite being in the midst of great rush I am forced to respond...( you know that my second son Mahesh is leaving for Canada tommorow...I am tired physically packing his things and tired emotionally for crying while packing ).
    Thanks for saying that my words touched your heart...and thats because you are 'receptive' and open. As you say, I can never be the 'Subbudu' of IL, you have crowned Sharada very deservingly. I was not diplomatic in my response, I was 'constructive' in my criticism. I believe that whatever you have to say to people be sure to say in words that cause them to smile and agree ( I can't vouch that it always works). Sometimes we can make others turn into their own critics by pointing out something in a mild and loving way....anyways, Sridhar, I was moved by your response to Kamla and your analysis is 'brilliant' ...
    Please carry on the banter with Sharada, but protect yourself well...she is sharpening her claws...( I need not really worry..you have sharper wit and wisdom..)
    ambika

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Lady Subbudu!

Inadvertatnly I seemed to have fanned a lively bonfire here! Subbudu, ahem, Sharada!!!...:)...I agree, no need to mince words. Much as I keep hurling my slightly negative comments at Varalotti, he seems to respond with such generosity and humor that it is becoming a need for me to make my words atleast 'softer'! All the same, this exchange has shown me that I need to tread carefully, lest I trample on someone's toes! But what luck, I have you, Subbudu, as my shield...cause, with you in the troop, who else can possess a sharper spear?!!

(Kamla now ducks to ward off everything that is being aimed at her)

:)..LOVE..Kamla !

6. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

intgeresting-the fight of claws!

Sridhar,
    Your serial is quite interesting, with the story-line taking unexpected twists and turns.But the ' fight of claws ' have become more interesting! I take pleasure following it rather than getting involved! Are you planning to form it into a plot? Beware, Sharada-Ambika.
    Nuggehalli Pankaja

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Cheer up..

Dear Ambika,

So tomorrow is the day. I can fully empathize with you. It is not going to be easy and farewells are tough, more so if it is your kid leaving home and going so far and for so long. I don't envy you and know words are not going to make it easy on you either. All the same, chin up and time will bring its own consolation. I wish him all the success for his bright future and am sure he will make his mom proud.

Love, Kamla

8. varalotti

I am Both Happy and Sad, Ambika!

Dear Ambika,
    While my moods which had been depressed due to heavy year end work was lifted sky-high by your wonderful words, I feel heavy to know that your son is leaving the nest.
    First, may he blessed with everything good in life. May he complete his mission successfully and bring credit to his wonderful mother.
    Second, I can understand your condition but can't offer consolation. My daughter who is finishing her degree this year is threatening to move out for higher studies. Even thinking of that I become heavy. At the same time I don't want my love to stand in the way of her growth and good life. So with a heavy heart I (and my wife with a far heavier heart) have consented to her moving out but could not reconcile ourselves to the reality.
    Other than saying that this mood will pass away one day I cant offer any word of consolation.
    I am moved that you chose to reply to this post in this condition. Thanks a ton.
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Thank You Pankaja!

Dear Pankaja,
    Thanks for the nice words. To be praised by an award-winning writer is no small thing. I feel I have myself won the Sakithya Academy Award.
    As to the fight between claws and hearts, as you said rightly it is even more interesting because it involves the creative skills of about half a dozen people while the story itself proves only my skills (or the lack of it)
    I did not have originally the idea of forming this into a plot. But now that you have said it I have started thinking, why not. Thanks for the suggestion, Anupama.
    I am still reeling under the impact of your words to my Evil Daughter-in-law thread, especially your words of consolation to Sudha were superb.
    Immersed in those words I forgot my duty to reply to your post here in this thread. Hence the delay.
    I will have to thank a sweet friend of mine who reminded me of my lapse and directed me to this thread.
    May she live long!
    regards,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Episode 7 Is Out - The Meeting and Confrontation Episode!

Most Gracious ILites,
    At last the hero and the heroine have met. Have started working together. Have confronted the villain, have opted to meet the lion in its den. Seventh Episode is just out. Read on.
    This time also I will be happily replying to every comment individually.
    Happy Reading,
    Varalotti