1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 6 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Apr 15, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

The Beauty And The Brain
    Thanks Malathy and all the ILites for your support, encouragement and participation.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007

2. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain
    Thanks Malathy and all the ILites for your support, encouragement and participation.

3. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Here I go first, Sridhar !

Here I go first, Sridhar ! <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Butterflies & dragonflies are flying unnecessarily in your stomach !
    Well, this time also you have come out with flying colours, definitely.
    Sethu is just " frozen" - it does make sad reading ! In tamil we say " vennai urundu varumpothu thazi udaivathu pole" ( just when butter is surfacing after long churning, the pot breaks). That is happening in his life !
    The term " hardened shrink" for the psychiatrist makes interesting reading !
    Thank god - at last you have established a link between Sharada & Sethu !
    The accountant in you surfaces in this episode, right ?
    But, Sethu, attempting suicide is beyond my comprehension. Probably next to accidents, you can only think of suicide for getting people admitted to the hospitals !
    Sharada's arguement to get Sethu back to his profession is very interestingly brought out. She just hit him at his passionate point, till now in his life - his professional talent to help another " languishing Soul ".
    You have brought out the woman in Sharada with just this observation " Sethu looked more handsome in his state of grief " ! That shows, the writer in you & how, we women can identify the interesting point in a man, even when he is grieving !!!
    So now, Sethu has become Sharada's " little lamb" & thereafter Swetha's ?
    I enjoyed this episode thoroughly.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Pls discharge Sethu & Shwetha soooon..

Hello Sridhar,

Loosing raji & children in the accident & Sethu trying to kill himself is something I thought of but you've narrated the whole episode of the accident, hospital admission, coming to BBY & then the suicide attempts - beautifully; the developments one after the other. Feel sad for Sethu, its like putting your heart & soul to reach some goal only to find it never mattered that much in life.

So, now our actual ground work starts. Now that Sethu has agreed to join hands with Sharada, look forward even more eagerly for further developments. is Sethu & shwetha - the hero & heroine of our story.

Convincing developments - beautiful narration.

6. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Slow and steady

Thought this episode was not as racy as the previous one, it is certainly moving in a slow and a steady pace. Sethu's remorse is understandable and so is his suicide attempt. Yesterday in CNN, there was an interview of the BODs of Infosys. A question was asked to them -- How much, out of 10 would you rate yourselves as husbands. They all answered - not more than 5!!!! See, thats what i guess happens, the higher you go in your career, the farther you go from your family. There would be a point in your life where you would have to 'choose' between your career and your family.That has been happening in Sethu's case. The fact that he was drifting away from them , he realised only when he went on a trip with them. He actually became close to them only then. If not for the trip, i dont think Sethu would have gone to the extent of commiting suicide - he would definitely have been sad, but maybe that would have been it!

Sharadha, convincing Sethu seems a bit melodramatic as to who 'owes' who. The fact that Sethu agreed instantly inspite of his situtaion, was slightly cinematic, but enjoyable certainly!

Sethu, Sharadha, and Shwetha -- 2 brains and a beauty! Wow.. exciting combination. Really looking forward to their team work and master plan!

Awesome work, Varalotti!

Regards,
    Purnima

7. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

no need for apprehension

Dear varlotti,
    I found this episode a masterpiece.After building up a climax, you opened this episode without describing the horror, cries and tears thatfollow a tragedy. The fact that sethu did not cry appealed very much. i was having butterflies in my stomach thinking that you are going to describe dramatically the horror of the deaths. Saradas outburst is fine. she is shown as practical and down- to- earth. you are indeed going higher in each episode. I am now looking forward to Sharada Sethu combination pulling the beautyOr will sethu be the final suiter???very interesting questions.
    regards,
    meenu

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    I liked Sharada's role in this episode....not only is she a good lawyer which we can see from her interactions with the doc, Shwetha and then Sethu, but she seems to be a good friend to all of them . she understands each one very well, has put up with Sethu's and Swetha's suicide attempts , gone through a lot of mental stress due to them and still tries to see how she can motivate them to live their life!
    Shows what a strong character she is...and how the world always need such people!

The tragedy that Sethu goes through is something we all kind of knew , so all we can do is emphatise with his condition. But well written , with the right amount of suffering,and now Sharada shows him a way out , to come out of this and help another suffering human being. I really like the way Sharada's character is moulded, a lawyer with a heart!
    Good, now we await the drama which will bring all these 3 lives together , let's see who turns out to be the Brain and who the Beauty!

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Wow

Dear Varalotti,
    this is also good. You are now making the story more interesting. I have heard that many people get hardened by such tragedy and that is why we make it a point to cry out and unburden our souls.Keep it up.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

10. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Preordained

Sethu and Sharada's meeting was preordained. The rest of Sethu's family had only a one-episode role to play. Now the the linkage between the 3 central characters is getting intriguing.
    Instead of suicide Sethu should have hit the bottle - and Sharada could have compassioantely brought him out of the depths of depression. Her characterisation has been well etched; Swetha seems wishy washy and Sethu's seems a rebirth!
    The pace is predictable and steady. I wouldn't call this a masterpiece like Meena did, but it is certainly a precursor of portending doom.
    Sharada