1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 4 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Apr 1, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

The Beauty And The Brain
    Thanks Malathy and all the ILites for your support, encouragement and participation.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007

2. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain
    Thanks Malathy and all the ILites for your support, encouragement and participation.

3. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain

4. varalotti

I Read This Somewhere!

Most Gracious ILites,

I read this anecdote somewhere. A very young, aspiring writer approached a senior writer for some tips. The veteran told him, "Remember that when you write you are expending your precious life energy. And writing will drain you soon."
    "If I am drained of my life energy, I will die."
    "You will. But there is a saving grace. When your words reach out to set your readers' hearts on fire, then the Universe sees to it that your life energy is replenished several times over. But if your words fail to achieve their mission, then you will certainly die. Even if you live, it doesn't make much of a difference."

I had discarded this anecdote as a sentimental ******** all along. But while writing this episode, while editing and polishing it for the 120th time today, an hour before it was due, I felt the truth in the Senior Writer's words.
    Happy Reading, Most Gracious ILites.
    Wednesday is the last day for your comments.
    I see that there has been a gradual decline in viewership since the first episode. If it's because of your lack of interest or other preoccupations, then I can't do anything about it. But if it has anything to do with the quality of my writing please let me know, where I lack.
    In all your views I see more of your affection than of your judgment. Aspiring reviewers, you are welcome to test your skills here.
    Have a great weekend,
    yours
    varalotti

5. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

I was waiting to read!

Dear Shridhar,

The episode kicked off on a very humorous note. Your narration of Neha kapoor and her well-endowed "assets", bad acting prowess and other details made me grin. It was quite humorous. Then, the agony of swetha caused by rakesh’s treachery was quite heart-rending. Your narration as usual, is absorbing. Now I am getting all fidgety to know more about sharada’s mega project to help swetha avenge rakesh. I could not help but laugh at the similarity you have created between the serial cast and the real actors by giving last names like oberoi, kapur and khan. Today I had a lighter read, but as stuck to the monitor as ever!

Great going!!!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  6. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Hi Varalotti,

I totally agree with prathi, the 'bollywood hungama ' is certainly humourous! The way you are turning the story in a positive note is highly praiseworhy, of course it was expected too ! The episode has ended in a new twist.. a new person... eager to see who it is!

Regards,
    Purnima

7. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Get ready for more action!

Dear Sridhar,

You have ended on the note "the best is yet to come"...

This episode was more descriptive and gave a glimpse of the other side of this glamourous field.
    I just felt that the Neha's character and Rakesh's attachment, and the reasoning you gave were too far fetched, if i may say so. Once we start analysing a person's actions and give excuses for their behaviour, then you tend to forgive them .You could have made Rakesh look like a normal villian. By giving his childhood background etc, you have given him more importance ,and kind of took away the intensity from his wrongdoings!
    And we got so caught up in that it took some time to come back to Swetha 's feeling of betrayal and Sharada's undying support. And i do wonder if a WOMAN whether she is in a film world also, will tolerate so much of betrayal from her lover? After all she does claim to be in love and if she is aware of his affairs, i strongly doubt if she can accept" the services provided by Neha Kapoor, were more like the health services provided by a masseuse". " Swetha thought that Rakesh sleeping with Neha was nothing more than the weekly workout she had in her expensive gym."...
    (Well , ILITES DO YOU ALL ACCEPT This? Well i await your verdict!)

But the fact that Swetha has such a strong support in Sharada, that too an intelligent one, gives us the feeling that Rakesh stands no chance. I am sure all of us would love to see how Sharada will plot to destroy Rakesh and bring Swetha back !
    As usual, your style led us into the bollywood field very vividly and also made me think a lot ( you can judge that by what i have written above! I hope you don't that!)

as usual awaiting the arrival of the Hero ! to save all of us!:clap

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  8. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

sentimental lawyer

Sharada cries for any reason - gratitude (in the previous episode), touched that Swetha apologised (this episode). Shouldn't a lawyer be made of sterner stuff? This episode could be the real life story of Aishwarya, Salman and Vivek Oberoi! - there are many similarities.
    The Bollywood episode reads like what Devyani Chaubal used to write for Stardust. Decades ago she had written that one of the top stars had a breast obsession - one evening while returning in the cab with her (she was top heavy too), he asked her to unbutton saying that he wanted "doodhu."
    The casting couch does exist as a shortcut to stardom - and breakups and make ups are common in the filmi duniya. What we think of as wrong/extramarital affair is the accepted norm. Hence although you and I may be shocked at Rakesh wanting both women in his life - it is happening all the time. Dharmendra has two wives (Prakash and Hema) and two separate homes; Salim and his two wives live amicably together...and the list goes on. Atleast these heroes have legalised their relationships, but many others just carry on.
    I prefer the hospital episodes - this one seemed a little vulgar, over the top as it were. But if kept at this level, it is okay - go any further and it will be hard to digest. So Varalotti, keep it at a level which does not make the average reader squirm.
    Sharada

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

it was good

The last episodes were more racy. This one was good reading, though.

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Building up the tempo cleverly without building up the story?

Dear Sridhar,
    Reading the first page is like watching an A movie ! You have put a lot "dhum" into it ( I am quoting your words, here!).
    The phrase "unsurpassed elegance" shows, you are surpassing yourself in elegant phrases every week !
    However madly and deeply in love, Shweta, signing all blank papers given by Rakesh is unbelievable - a girl in such a money spinning profession, not aware of fundamentals ? !
    Departmentalising love is an interesting concept, you have written about !
    Two ladies launching a megaplan to avenge Rakesh - I can't wait till next week !
    This week, your words have definitely set our hearts on expectant fire ! Will Rakesh perish in the ladies' master fire plan ?
    The narration goes at the speed of Shathabdi Express, though the story line has not progressed much - shows what a master story teller, you are shaping into !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.