1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 11 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 18, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

What Should I Do Next?

Most Gracious ILites,
    B&B will be over by 28th May. I want your views on what should I do next? (of course after a gap of one month)
    another serial, short stories, religion, accounting snippets, Lakshmi Snippets, MIL-DIL snippets
    You have the full Varalotti Menu card. Please choose and let me know.
    Varalotti

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Esp!

Hello Sridhar,

So, our hero is not just a hero, a super hero eh?! Well well, why not?! A man who is so gifted can easily have some super powers too.... and it is better that a nice guy like Sethu has that than anyone else.
    The episode sees the serial nicely tapering off to its finale.
    I have one big wish though...why should poor Swetha be painted so bland?! Beauty need not be accompanied by total dumbness?! Give her some more character atleast in the last episode Sridhar, please?! Afterall, Sethu deserves a beauty with some brains, right ?:)
    Prathi says the episode this time had an air of success. All I could smell was a whole lot of gun powder and burning rubber and oils!! That was a vivid description. Thanks to our hero's ESP, they escaped. Other that that, the episode in itself was a success. With bugs gone and Khan nicely in trap, I am looking for an end that smells of sweet success and hopefully a romantic coupling of the lead pair with Sharada's blessings. But but, who knows what you have in store for us ???!....

3. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Well Sethu had this premonition on time..thank god they stopped the limo on time...and everyone as saved....but what a shock, they must have had...oof....and all the imagery of the car flying high....was like watching a movie....good description of that scene!
    thank God , this episode shows that Khan's evil ways will end soon...let 'see, how Sethu and Sharada get back Swetha's lost glory! and of course how and where their lives stays linked.....we all need that assurance that Swetha will be safe and secure in future!
    And yeah like Kamala has said, don't leave her as a Swetha a whining heroine...i am sure she must have been a strong woman before all this...after all she was Miss World and a top heroine! well let's waaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiitt, now for the last episode...is going to be a long wait!

I guess you can take a well deserved rest before you we launch you into your next CHOICE! As usual yet to arrive at a choice from your menu card!
    Have a good holiday, meeting all the people!

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar

Fast moving episode...I liked it! Ofcourse,this time too I could picturise our heroine(still in her 'Paithani') and our hero(in raw silk Sherwani,I should not leave that out,poor Sridhar will be offended!) in the midst of all that rumble,tumble of the car,the smoke.....only 15 seconds ,an escape just in the nick of time!!!

Looks like the video of Khan taken in the end will be used as evidence against him...to show that he had a wreath ready even before Swetha's death...which clearly shows that he knew about the car-bomb well in advance...Now waiting for the finale..

5. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

romantic escapes to explosive escapes....

Hello Sridhar,

This week was a thriller / espionage episode.
    the story suddenly took a U turn and moved so fast; from romance & beautiful evening to premonitions & explosions and escapes.
    Psychologists say the ESP can be strenghtened with practice but Sethu's ESP seemed to have strenghtened by the accident. His ESPs & rationale execution of plans makes great reading. Sharada seem to be the pillar of strength here.
    thanks for debugging us - now its our turn to trap Khan.
    wonder how many evil khans are out in the limelight & these are the kind of people the masses adore. Khan is a perfect example of an anti- role model.
    All eyes on the wreath now - does it belong there or...............

6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

E S P & Debugging - moving fast !

Dear Sridhar,
    S & S leaving the hotel together in the limousine - I was sadly reminded of the sweet Princess Diana ! If only her Date had the E S P like Sethu !
    Now you are making all arrangements for putting " MANGALAM", by getting Khan into trouble - thanks to sharada's brain !
    Well, all good things come to an end & so will this serial shortly !
    This week was fast moving.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

7. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Good triumphs over evil

Khan is getting ensnared in his own net. His character is a mix of Gulshan Grover and Salman Khan's. Past events cast their shadows - in this episode Sethu has become more alert because of the previous accident in which his family was wiped out. Sharada's brilliance is undeniable (lives up to her name!) - but other aspects of her nature are not very well-etched in this story. In the last episode if Sethu and Swetha get married what will happen to Sharada - will she remain a lonely spinster, or in a bizarre turn of events will Sethu marry her? Swetha doesn't come across as a strong person - her beauty is dazzling, but she seems a dependent and emotionally swayed woman.
    The James Bond auditor will break many hearts when the serial is over! Reading this episode was like watching a Hindi movie - gripping and enjoyable.
    The High Priestess gives Varalotti the thumbs up signal!
    Well done,
    Sharada

8. varalotti

Thanks For Accepting my hero's ESP!

Hello Kamla,
    I can understand your wish. I am also aware that in my anxiety to project my hero's brains I have painted my heroine in dull colours. But is it not too early to conclude, Kamla, when we have one full episode left?
    Swetha's brains need not be of the same type as Sethu's. She is blessed with a typical woman's brilliance, which I hope, will come out in the final episode.
    Portraying of characters in the serial is somewhat similar to life. The best simile is painting. When I want to project Sethu's brains I need to dullen the colours in other characters. When I want to project Swetha's beauty I have to present others in a not so beautiful condition.
    That's life, Kamla. When it's time for husband to be bright and brilliant, the wife should play along. And when it's time for wife to be so, the husband has to defer to her wishes.
    The problem comes when both of them want to show off the fireworks at the same time. The result is too much of noise and heat without any enduring advantage. Worse still is the condition where both lie subdued at the same time. The world will walk over them.
    (You see the problem with amateur writers like me is that we will never miss an opportunity to preach, ha ha ha )
    I won't say "Thanks for the nice words" as the expression is banned now. Assume that I have said something which carries the same meaning.
    regards,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Let's Analyse Swetha!

Dear Sudha,
    A sociologist had come to my daughter's college to give a lecture on women. He asked the girls,"Do you like Rajnikant?" Yes, they all shouted in chorus. Then he told them that the super star has not projected women in good light in any of his movies. Either they will be totally dumb and therefore will be saved by the star or will be arrogant like Ramya in Padayappa who will be taught a lesson by the hero. This applies to the entire cine world. Even in bollywood you would see women as dolls on the top of a radio. Silently showing of their beauty and exposing body parts but doing nothing intelligent.
    I have just one episode to present my heroine in proper light. Let me try. But I have found one thing in women. When they are single they are intelligent and ambitious. But as soon as they marry they relax and sacrifice everything for the sake of their husbands.
    Barring some rare exceptions the women want to show their husbands as more intelligent than themselves. I have seen Ph.Ds marrying each other. The husband will continue his research whereas the wife would be content to be a housewife. When an actor marries an actress, the actor will continue acting but the actress will not. This has been true in many cases starting from the big B.
    In this I will give full credit to Indian women who for staying together with their husbands have sacrificed great careers and in some cases have also feigned some stupidity to make their husbands look great. In Tamil literature we speak of 4 qualities of women - accham, madam, nanam payirppu.
    Of course we all know naanam is feeling shy. acham is fear and madam is this aspect of feigning stupidity.
    Now a quiz to the ILites. Can any one explain what's payirrpu?
    regards,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Glad that you liked this episode!

Dear Sunitha,
    In any serial the most testing episode is the last but one. In the last episode you will have to answer all the questions and build up the climax. So you cant avoid a drag in the last but one episode. I had to rearrange the last four episodes several times so that this one is also fast moving. I am now very happy and relieved that the reorganisation has had its effect.
    While Swetha needs Sethu's explanation about trapping Khan, you have understood it correctly. Good.
    regards,
    sridhar