1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 10 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 12, 2006.

1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Varalotti Sir,

Why do u think we are not worried about the RDX in the car....well i have already planted one elsewhere, by ordering for this Expensive Paithani saree....:tongue so ....beware...but i will not tell hubby where i got this info and save you since you went out ofthe way to bring this to our attention and created our interest in owning such an exquisite saree...
    Whether your love story will end on a happy note or not, i know where the horror story is about to begin, when the "BOMB" blasts; i also know i will be smiling if not rubbing my hands together in glee, Khan's style, when someone else is shouting and screaming after looking at the credit card bills!:evil:
    Yeah you have already set the ball rolling....and another suggestion, why don't you unearth some more expensive ornaments to go with this before you finish the next 2 episodes....we will have a fitting finale, and 'you know who 'will have "FIT"ting FINISH! :bangha ha....and of course i have noted the Solitaire diamond ring...just wondering! anyway now u know why i liked this episode very much...oops...

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

An Unintended Use of my serial!

Sudha Madam,

It requires the genius of a person of your stature to convert the touching episode into a veiled shopping list. I have all sympathies for your dear husband.
    ILites, those of you who have not started nagging your husband for a paithani saree in a typical python style, please join me in prayer for Mr.Sudha.

Now, Madam, why don't you have a positive, giving attitude? The episode also mentions about a gogeous sherwani in raw silk

I did a mini research on this subject and my research team tells me that your husband (May God bless him) will look simply great and out of world dressed in a raw-silk Shervani, a-la Sethu. So, Madam, why don't you buy one for him and get the ulitmate happiness of seeing him happy?

Honestly, Madam, I am now disturbed. I know that some bugs, if not bombs, have been planted. Let me try to hard to find them and try harder to sweep them off.
    Varalotti

3. sudhavnarasimhan

Well Varalotti Sir,
    What do u think, i had requested my husband 20 years ago on our reception to wear a Sherwani, a la Rajeev Gandhi style, but he had declined firmly....when a newly wedded bride could not achieve that do you think i am going to succeed today!
    But not to outdone, will add it to my shopping list...I LOVE Shopping; BE IT FOR Sarees OR Sherwanis , and whether he wears it or not, after all another chance to spend hubby 's money....Dont we all women love that:tongue ..Thanks for the suggestion, will get down to work immediately.:idea:
    By the way what about the Diamond....?....any thoughts on that? I heard Rotterdam in Holland is famous...maybe will just visit Vidhya now and do a little bit of shopping on the side, well don't worry after you end the episode on a happy note, i will celebrate!

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi

Hi Sridhar and Sudha,

Sridhar- sorry for using your forum for feminine banter.

Sudha- Rotterdam is indeed famous for diamonds. (Jew Street in next-door Belgium is more so).The most reliable is Gassan diamonds. Only thing, one has to sell a kidney to afford one. For the tiniest gem, they charge heaven and earth. No question of buying Sridhar's 14 carat solitaire. But since we cannot be separated from our best friends, we are tempted to buy one. Well, all said and done, I buy my diamonds in Karaikudi. Pray to Rahu, He will make sure you buy diamonds.

warm regards
    Vidya

5. sudhavnarasimhan

Dear Vidhya,

Thanks for the prompt reply regarding diamonds....well when it is husbands money we are spending why bother....no way i am going to sell my kidney ....
    Now looks like Sridhar has really planted a bomb and not just a bug, through his episode...will keep u all posted when , where and how it explodes !:p
    Sorry Sridhar for interrupting your flow of comments and responses! I hope the ladies dont all end up going shopping this saturday...i hope you are ready to post it on Friday night itself!

6. varalotti

Your Banter is more lively than the episode!

Dear Sudha and Vidya,
    The post-episode banter and shopping tips sounds more exciting than the serial itself. But ladies let's have some restraint lest Induslady will shift this serial to the shopping forum. Ha ha ha
    Just kidding. I feel sorry to have disturbed the sleep of innocent husbands who would have never dreamt (how could they , when they can't sleep) that their wives have started shopping everything pricey from the paithani to the Rotterdam diamonds.
    Vidya, When I toured Holland long back, I was taken to a diamond factory in Dwelft. We were in the last leg of the tour of the factory. As we were about to leave the door was locked. The auditors came and did a full inventory-check and then only we were allowed to leave.
    Even at that time the cost of the diamonds were two kidneys plus something.
    Let's get the strength of mind from diamond.
    Good show, ladies, you made the serial interesting, each in your own way.
    regards,s
    sridhar

7. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Master of letters!

Sridhar,
    I really know not how to reply you! I am no good at letter-writing,
    as Ambika will tell you, but you have really captured the art! esp to ladies!
    And according to their age- vocation-temperament! i enjoy going through them, esp your witty-duel with the 'High priestess!'
    Re 'praise', I meant what I wrote, for it flowed from my pen automatically;
    Treat me like an ordinary human being Sridhar, not as Goddess. You are more gifted than me-the way you deftly bring out the nuances-streaks-shades, finally, climax! Making all long for saturday, not sunday, as of
    wont.
    To sum up, I am overwhelmed by your regard for me, and, as a
    human being,and co-writer, pray that all your potentials surface, and no evil
    eye fall at any time!
    On saturday, at 4pm, I am getting that prestigious
    'Anupama award'. I know you would have come to the function had you been in Bangalore. The invitation is there for all IL ladies here-that is, our Bangalore. '4pm,saturday, Kannadasahitya parishat, Chamarajpet. I believe the mayor(Lady)
    is giving the award. Will I rise to the occasion? I am getting flutters!

I hope 'High pristess ' will kindly grace the occasion.

Nuggehalli Pankaja

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  8. varalotti

Anupama Conferring A Title On Me! A Real Honour and a Rare Privilege!

Dear Pankaja,
    I have always loved living in this laid-back lazy town. I've been to Singapore, London etc. but when I am away from this soil I feel a kind of restlessness. When I return to Madurai after a long tour I will always feel like fish returning back to its watery habitat after suffocating in land for a while.
    Even such a hardcore Maduraiitte like me now feels that I should have been in Bangalore to see you at the Award Function. Surely it will be a great moment of inspiration for me. But looks like I have not done enough good deeds to merit that privilege.
    I wish you all the best, Pankaja. The function will be a grand success. The Award Committe has just chosen to honour itself by conferring the Award on the most deserving person.
    May you live long and happy and turn out more and more immortal pieces of literature.
    Ambika and Sharada will be there, for sure.
    Thanks for the nice words you have about me. I will be in Bangalore during the period 24th to 27th. Will definitely meet you there and let me have the great privilige of congratulating you in person.
    Regards,
    sridhar

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My Dear Pankaja !

I am no good at writing, specially letter-writing, as you have put it !
    I wish I could attend your award- function ! Well, I can only say the usual " if wishes were horses, beggars would ride ! "
    Please accept my very best wishes & an imaginary special peck on your sweet cheeks
    as soon as you receive the award !
    I am not gifted to praise you in beautiful words like our dear Sridhar has done. But my wishes come to you from the bottom of my heart. Do not allow the butterflies to flutter - enjoy every moment of the function, happily, as a gift from Saraswathi ( you have mentioned the Mayor is a Lady ! ).
    I am definitely planning a trip to Bangalore sometime to meet you in person - the two senior citizens of I L will have an enjoyable, " RENDEZ - VOUS", my dear friend.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

10. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Thank you

Dear Chitra,
    You are Chitra to me; Thanks very much for the simpleaffectionate letter. I have read some of your reviews, and feel, with a little effort you can also join our 'a bit mentally deranged class'. We live in our own world; When we are writing, our heroines are more real than people around. That is how they emerge as flesh and blood, and thrill people.
    Yes, I am eager to meet you, know more about you; It will be like meeting Annapoorna! I would give anything to have your wonderful gift.

what impresses me is, you are sharing it with so many! God blesses such
    people.
    Our contact for meeting anyone is our Ambika. i am certain she will take great pleasure. ' high pristess ' is also in Bangalore. Looking
    forward to seing you in person,

Nuggehalli Pankaja