1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 10 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 12, 2006.

1. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

All along I have been admiring Sethu...but honestly you deserve more admiration!! What a switch from the meticulous thinking about the audit plan, changing to a lighter note with a talk in the garden!! Now progressing to a dinner in a romantic ambience..To cap it all, the description of a Paithani sari & Sherwani...
    Above all, the fond memories about Raji brought tears to my eyes.
    Sridhar, I cannot wait to read the next episode.
    But one doubt..a person as intuitive and capable as Sethu, in my opinion should have guessed that Khan wud have planted some bugs in the house!! I expect this will be unbugged next week!!

Regards
    USHA

2. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Best Episode Varalotti!

Feels like i am watching some James BOnd movie. MIrcaulously "picturised"-- No. Its not a typo when i say "picturised", the way you write, we dont feel like we are reading, but feel like we are into a full feldged 3D movie!

Certain descriptions of yours are simple, yet so captivating. For instance , 1)"Swetha ... happy like a schoolgirl in a birthday party.",

2)"The room dimly lit with aromatic candles, the invisible bearers who hovered attentively around them silently and to crown everything, the world’s most beautiful woman, a nymph sitting before him and conversing casually with him – that was the closest he could get to heaven"

Hats off , Varalotti, this episode was flawless to no ends!

Dying to know the finale!

Regards,
    Purnima

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  3. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Scrupulous

Dear Sridhar,

Reading all my friends' reviews i haven't left with much to write, as i feel the same as them. Let me say one thing, your ever-improvising writing style has made us more eager to visit the thread each week. The past week was a low for me mentally and healthwise and hence, I was not active in IL, but how could i hold back from knowing what became of our dear swetha? I had to come and read and i am glad I did.

You have captivated us with ur simple yet lucid words and the characters have evolved very well. I shall pray for swetha and sethu to emerge unscathed of all the ordeals that khan pushes them into.

Three cheers to you sir,

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

About Paithani

Sridhar,

I was also wondering about Paithani, but did not want to ask here...but good that someone did. I thought maybe it is the latest fashion , but you have really researched deeply and mentioned this .And of course you know woman's psychology , we were all curious and now admire you for giving so much importance to Saree..... all that detailed info....um um ....All that explanation about Paithani has made me want it ....so much of info on this, where did u get them...by any chance are you marketing this product..ha ha....
    But jesting apart, a great right up on this textile ...will definetely try to get hold of it soon thru maharashtrian friends....and promote its longevity! (What an excuse to buy this!)HA HA...

5. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Beyond praise!

Sridhar,
    Words fail me,
    Praise eludes me,
    Saying-
    " It is beyond me.........."

Nuggehalli Pankaja

6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar, this episode is too beautiful !

Sethu thinking of Raji at a tender moment does strike a chord in my heart ! But how long will it last? - he is slowly starting to slip !
    The atmosphere in the Taj is absolutely romantic. The way you have built it up gives a very beautiful touch.
    But, oh! the bug is " bugging" again !
    Now that the mystery is slowly starting to be unfolded, the suspense stares at us in the end all over again !
    You are a master " story thriller" !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sridhar r u also very romantic and sensitive ....

dear sridhar,
    are u also very romantic and sensitive....there seems to be a grt character u form in the accountant ....it is tough to be both a lover of present and past....u r really keeping the thriller going on coaster.....making us all wait for the week to rush by fast....regards sunkan

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Steam and chutzpah..

…is what I would say our hero is full of….He is showing the full mettle and proving as to why he is the hero of this story. Sethu will bowl over any girl with his kindness and intelligence. He is too young to lead a long winding life of a singleton and I see no harm if he and Swetha unite after giving each other enough space and time. Am waiting to see what you intend for them Sridhar.

The episode this time moved forward with gusto even as romance and danger captivated the readers’ imagination and anticipation. Noticed a particular flourish in the language usage this time?!

And the bugs! I am bugged till the next episode debugs me!!

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->PS: I am stumped! Your know how of saris is surely better than mine:)

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

9. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Thanks Sridhar,

I am wondering how I never heard of this Paithani before....

Thanks a lot for the info.

10. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thrilled to know you were the first, Varloo!

Dear Varloo,
    Thrilled to know that you were the first to post your response for the episode. Sad to know about your dead sister. The grief will be intense if some one living resembles the deceased. I can understand your pain.
    Thanks a ton for your involvement, Varloo. It is this involvement coming from you and all other ILites that makes this serial tick.
    thanks once again,
    Varalotti