The base for Spirituality rests on our mind set, Constant practice of knowledge ....

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by subbutr, Sep 17, 2007.

1. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

My Dear Friends,

The base for Spirituality rests on our mind set, Constant practice of knowledge
    It neutralizes ignorance as a base neutralizes an acid, purifying the individual self.

The business of life is the business of happiness.

Because we feel limited with respect to happiness, everyone every minute is fully engaged trying to attain greater happiness.

But Happiness is not permenant.

Belief in God is never intended to make one miserable.

Always try to find happiness by disciplining themselves in prayer, meditation, chanting, breathing, or "processing" to achieve altered or "high" states of consciousness.

Both the physical and the psychological, share the belief that through self-effort certain objective or subjective factors inhibiting happiness can be changed, resulting in greater happiness.

Conventional wisdom supports this view and, to be fair, the kernel of truth it contains probably accounts for the universal attempt to get happiness by changing objective and subjective factors.

Beneath every desire a fear lurks, behind every fear a desire.

If I don't get what I want I'll be unhappy. Avoiding what I don't want makes me happy.

So the fear of unhappiness is just the desire for happiness.

These two forces, attraction and repulsion, attachment and aversion, likes and dislikes affect every aspect of our lives.

These two forces, attraction and repulsion, attachment and aversion, likes and dislikes affect every aspect of our lives.

The myriad fears and desires playing in the mind, both subtle and gross, stem from a deeper need - the need to be free of fear and desire - the need to be fulfilled or happy.

The world like a dream full of attachments and aversions seems real until the awakening.

We all believe the desires, feelings, emotions, thoughts, ideas, fears, intuitions, opinions, memories, etc. constantly playing in our minds are real.

Though temporarily existent, they are not ultimately real, i.e. substantial and enduring.

Reality, the Self, exists in all periods of time, past, present, and future, before the past and after the future, and in all states of consciousness, waking, dream, and deep sleep and beyond.

Reality, unlike everything we know, doesn't depend on anything else for its existence nor can it be resolved into anything else.

The inner phenomena projected on the screen of Consciousness as our personal worlds are only a flow of tendencies and short-lived subjective events devoid of lasting meaning - like a dream.

In a dream everything seems real to the dreamer.

Self knowledge is waking up from the belief that the waking, dream and deep sleep state “worlds” are real.

“World” means field of experience, the experiencing subject and the experienced objects.

The Subtle Body, is composed of the instruments of experience: the 10 senses, the 5 pranas, mind and intellect.

The Self, the conscious being, perceives through the senses, mind & intellect.

In its passive function the mind picks up on feelings and emotions vibrating in the world around and passes them on to the Self. In its active function, it expresses the same.

The intellect is the most sophisticated of the subtle body components, capable of diverse functions - thinking, discriminating, willing, reasoning, symbolizing, imagining, intuiting, meditating & so on.

The instrument Self perceives the idea world, intellect functions as the ego idea which, motivated by an endless stream of fear and desire, generates all our actions.

Spiritual practice is designed to purify the subtle body, transforming it into an instrument capable of receiving Self-Knowledge.

From a spiritual viewpoint, Ignorance means non-apprehension of the Self or Reality, not lack of education or intelligence.

If we fail to “experience” the timeless Self we take our experience of the mind's time-bound projections as reality, suffering & enjoying accordingly.

The Self alone endures, the only reality. Knowledge depends on Awareness.

Feelings and emotions are unreal because they depend on interpretation by the intellect of ever-changing sense experiences.

The concepts "real" and "unreal" are reducible to intellect.

Open to views and reviews....Corrections & Interactions..

subbu

2. subham

subham New IL'ite

Re: The base for Spirituality rests on our mind set, Constant practice of knowledge .

dear subbu I have recently joined this group.your sayings about spirituality inspires me a lot.exactly to realize about spiritual life one has to set his /her mind to understand the facts of real life.
    Education plays a vital role in this aspect. one must fore go completely EGO.The 'I' must be completely eradicated. only then one can see the inner 'ATMA' where the Almighty dwells in.This can be achieved through constant practice of Meditation,regular prayers,mingling oneself in satsangs,study circle. Have a good day.

3. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Re: The base for Spirituality rests on our mind set, Constant practice of knowledge .

Dear Subham,

We all indus family of friends welcome you with warm wishes & Greetings.

Thanks for the kind observations and gr8t gestures.

We all are his gift to Universe and Let's Do our best according to his plans.

Subbu