1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Ayodhya Judgment: They Can Divide Our Lands But Not our Hearts

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Oct 8, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

The Ayodhya Judgment

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Dear sridharji,

Did this really happen? I have not heard of it until now. Thank you very much for sharing it. I had goosebumps while reading the story. Awesome!!

Ice

3. varalotti

Dear Ice,
    It did. And yes it gave goosebumps to me when I first heard about the incident. The story is very reliable. It was told by an orthodox brahmin who frequently visits Srirengam from Madurai.
    thanks for coming in.
    love,
    sridhar

4. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Sridhar, In my humble opinion, "Perumal" himself came with "Thaiyar" to teach us a lesson. What a great story. I heard about Tuluka Nachiar, but don't the back ground for the story.
    Yes, they can divide the land, not the humanity and love we have for people.
    Thanks for sharing it. If you get time, let me know about Tuuka Nachiar or let me now where I can find info about it.
    As usual you made us all happy.

5. varalotti

Thanks CL for coming in and thanks for those words.
    Almost every place has a Thulukka Nachiar and a background story.
    I need to find out the story of Thulukka Nachiar in Srirengam.
    In Madurai when the Azhagar comes from his place Azhagarkoil during Chitra festival he visits the house of a Muslim woman.
    And there is a beautiful story of Thulukka Nachiar at Thirunarayanapuram near Mysore.
    It's part of Ramanuja's life.
    And I made into a blog combining Rumi's poetry as well.

Here's a link to that story.
    It's All About Love, Again And Again! - IndusLadies

That's a story I wrote with tears in my eyes. The story is confirmed by historians and you can find a sannathi for the Muslim princess at Srirengapattinam. (Thirunarayanapuram).

I will post about this Thulukka Nachiar soon.
    love,
    sridhar

6. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,
    That was such a beautiful story. And being a true story made it all the more wonderful to read. Truly the Lord resides in our hearts. I too agree with the judgement - it was the best for all. Hopefully peace will prevail now.

7. bachelora

bachelora New IL'ite

Organised Religion is opium for the masses because they cannot think for themselves.

8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shridharji,
    Timely article. Very well told. We are always making this mistake if we find some weeds in a field we rush to make statement field is full of weeds but only some people like the wise Jeeyar takes time to check the veracity. Hope God now grants us all the wisdom that all human beings are one and it is foolish to divide ourselves based on religion, caste, creed, region, language, and skin color..................

Thats why I am proud to be Hindu for true Hindu is tolerant towards all religion and I guesss the same hold to true followers of other religions.

:clap:clap:clap

9. rvnachar

rvnachar Silver IL'ite

That was very touching! How I wish man was as simple as he was when he first came to this planet! No complications and no confusions! Merely satisfy his basic wants, live as long as destiny wants him to live and then quit without trace!

10. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    I had always been awaiting for such a judgement and I am very happy and from the bottom of my heart I pray for the well being of the judges who pronounced this bold verdict.
    The Srirangam temple episode which you narrated was very touching. Yes, Hinduism, if at all a religion is personification of Love, Love and Love alone. As I read this , I recollected an incident in the lifeof my parents which my mom had written in her autobiography (meant for our family) which she had also shared with me verbally when I was a kid. I want to share that incident here right out of her a.b in her own words-
    Love can win hearts. And I fell proud that I have been taught to walk the path of love.
    Love
    Malathi