1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Avatari by Raghu Srinivasan

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Mohur, May 12, 2014.

1. Mohur

Mohur Gold IL'ite

This is another explosive debut book that has the strength to keep its readers glued to the pages.

A retired British Army Officer, a retired Gorkha Sergeant, an Oxford mathematician and an American mercenary come together for an adventure of a lifetime. When a treasure is stolen from a Laotian Monastery, these people come together to track it and stop it from being misused. The story is fanned out from England to the United States to Tibet to Laos to Africa to India and Pakistan, covering a major part of the world. And that is not all… The story also spans over different timelines.

The characters of the story are well fleshed out. Each character has a distinct trait that makes him/her stand apart from their counterparts and gives them a unique identity. Even some of the supporting characters come out strong in the story. The plot is a rather intricate one that plays over different continents and over different timelines. Yet the author has managed to paint a very clear picture of the story. It would have been rather easy to get lost and confused but the clarity with which the author has narrated the story not only makes it easy for the readers to follow it but is also easy to get engulfed in this world where Shambala exists. The dialogues, the action and the detailed description of the settings and the background are well done and all of them add different flavours to the story.

It is really difficult for a reader to accept that this is a work from a debut author because such seamless spinning of a tale is usually expected from a much more seasoned author. I will be keeping an eye out for the next book from this author while you guys go and pick this one up.

2. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

By far,your review of this book has inspired me to buy it right away. I love books that weave fiction with travel. Thank you. I will read it and share my views here sometime.