1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Art of Turning Deaf - Compilation of Ideas

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by silvertulip, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Deepa29

Deepa29 New IL'ite

Hi ladies nice thread , from the time am married will give this deaf reaction to my mil comments , but 1 thing which hurts my self respect is we Dils have to sit down and my mil everone sits above including my sil , i feel so irritated , i was not doing initial years but my cosis does so i have to follow her:( or we have to stand , as i stay in usa i have to face it once in a yr when i visit them for a month , last time was so badly irritated stood up for whole day even with my DS sometime holding her and my sil always behaves as a queen when she comes and sits on sofa or chair , sometime i feel so bad my cosis being elder to her sits down almost near her feet

please if anyone would give us some idea to escape this idiotic behaviour , i would be grateful to u ladies

2. confusedwoman

confusedwoman Silver IL'ite

Hi Deepa29,
    Next time say you have "female problems" and doctor advised you to sit on sofa/chair. You have to time it right, after your next gyn visit,start saying to your dh, on phone etc.So, its not a new thing all of a sudden.

1 person likes this.
  3. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Same here dear.
    she has no brains of hers...just when i am about to do something she will say d same thing to do

4. noush

noush Bronze IL'ite

@soulful great minds think alike. this approach does wonders- INSTANTLY....

5. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Silver tulip maam , my mil says almost all the dialogues. I usually feel bad and hurt but from now i will face it confidently

6. Cool10

Cool10 Silver IL'ite

I wish I could learn this art and ignore whatever hurtful my ILs say. From morning till night my MIL finds faults in everything I do. Nothing pleases her. Even if I prepare some dish specially for her, immediately she will find a fault. Feeling so much negative, irritated and exhausted by her behavior. My nature is changing due to her constant kich kich and fault finding.

Sometimes I wish I was deaf to all this negativity.

7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

This is being treated like a dog. Please tell your husband you will not go to his parents place till this stops.

If that is not possible....just go and sit on a chair and to hell with those idiots.Let them scream and shout.If your sil has no shame to make an older bhabhi sit at her feet....you should not worry about her respect. Shameless people.What does your husband do? Just accept that his wife will be treated like an animal?
    First sort out your husband....or else others will just keep insulting you.

2 people like this.
  8. SwornToSecrecy

SwornToSecrecy Silver IL'ite

Where is your self respect?? You leave your parents house, you go live with DH, you cook, clean and work all day and then have his baby, take care of his child and then travel 8301 miles to inlaws house, and your husband is ok with you sitting on the floor??? My dear friend, your not an animal. You should be treated like a goddess! Please do yourself a favor and talk to your DH about this. Tell him its not appropriate and you are not going to step into his house again if you are not treated properly. Please have some self respect, girl

3 people like this.