1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Art of catching.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SupriyaDinesh, Jan 26, 2009.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Well friends..I am sure in some phase of a women's life,we all must have faced the existence of unwanted,itchy friends and struggled to get rid of them.The art of catching them is tricky ,before the birth of specialized shampoos.Did you guess..Yes i am talking about the lice that resides on the scalp.
    I can vividly remember the days when my mom used to sit on a stool and myself on the floor to look out for the head lice and destroy them.They used to be in different shapes and sizes- black,brown,heavy,small,thin etc. There used to be a special comb to remove the nits(lice eggs) and it would pain awefully.I dread summer holidays because of the reappearance of this pests from my cousins,when we all sleep together.
    The itching used to cause utter embarrasement and somtime one could lierally see these lice playing and fighing on the hair..Medikar did not help for complete removal of lice.There was a God sent invention called "perlice" which effectively helped in getting rid of them.
    I had a friend during my college days,who had the shortest of hair yet filled with lice.I used to campaign for the use of perlice and many were benefitted from it.
    I hope some(or most) of you would have experience with them..Do share it here.

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Supriya....I peeped here wondering Art of Catching what ?Big LaughGood one..not all take up this topic for discussion..
    I too dreaded vacations or functions where we were to sleep together with cousins..Well they must have felt the same..Anyway, schools were the place where we "caught" it easily. I had long thick :spinhairs.... mom was very particular about the lice and kept it at bay to the best of her ability, though I cannot claim to have succeeded always in it...And later, when I found myself having one, I would use that spl, comb and scratch my head out...that lice and nits would be scared away. :rotfl..So the need to use perlice for me never arose...

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

SD,

I thought what is this special art you are talking about.

you are really brave to take up this subject which is stated yucky by many....

My dd caught it the first month after returning..and it took me a long time to understand that it is about these because i had by then forgot them.

She tells me she has a classmate who has these lice running almost in each of her strands, and what does she do..just scoop and scatter them..

luckily, now i have become more careful and also thanks to mediker.

enjoyed...

4. SupriyaDinesh

Dear saraswathi,
    Lice and nits scared of your scratching..great idea..Just thought why always write goody-goody stuff..so ventured this topic..

5. SupriyaDinesh

Dear shanvy,
    Glad that you enjoyed this blog..though off-beat.It is a great pest and leads to many other side effects when left untreated.Thanks for stepping in.