1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The All-knowing!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear navs
    If giving free advice is reckoned on par with giving alms to the needy by the Heaven's accountant Chitra Gupta, then the Heavens will be overflowing like Tihar Jail while the Hell would look as barren as the Atacama Desert! Fortunately for all concerned, free advice is not counted as Punya as postings in Community Chit Chat do not count for participation in the FP contest in IL!

Kari nakku is something I too have heard of but I thought only bad things uttered by it came true. But if Kari Nakku can enable a person make predictions that come true unfailingly, everyone will have his tongue tattoed in black! Paul the Octopus will have to look elsewhere for business. Maybe in the 20000 leagues under the sea!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  2. marulamuniya

marulamuniya Gold IL'ite

Dear cheeniya sir,
    That was a superb one. Especially the Rajiv Gandhi incident :-D . These all knowing people giving free advice will most of the times be source of humour, might be a bit irritating when we are the targets.. but those 'All knowings' in the name of astrology, who give expensive advices and at the end of it, blame it on those who asked saying 'I told you, you didn't listen' or 'I told you, but you misunderstood' are really annoying!! Though I have never asked for or received one, I have seen them in my circle of relatives.

3. Cheeniya

Dear Ani
    If you take into account the wholesome fun these people provide, the irritation they cause occasionally is little price to pay. It is like paying for your entertainment. But I don't go near the astrologers because I have learnt to suffer my fate in all its ramifications without complaining. Astrologers and lawyers have a swell time when people get into some difficulty or other. When there are no problems in the world, these two will have no work at all. Have you ever heard of anyone going to an astrologer when he is having the best time of his life to find out how long it will last? On the contrary when people go through horrid time, they make a beeline to the astrologer to find out when the damn thing would end. The astrologer would say that they would have to wait for two years and add that they would get used to it after the two year period!
    Sri

4. marulamuniya

marulamuniya Gold IL'ite

Cheeniya Sir, Yes generally people have this habit of knowing how long the bad time is going to stay with them, but I have a relative who approaches an astrologer at all times, even when he is happy, just to hear that it's not going to last for a long time.. Crazy isn't it?.. What's the fun in knowing those events, good or bad, beforehand.. Don't we lose the excitement of life.. ?

5. Cheeniya

Dear Ani
    Recently there was a news in the media about a couple in Goa, just middle-aged, committing suicide together leaving a note that they have enjoyed everything in life and that there was nothing more to look forward to. They had tons of money and all the comforts of life. It is difficult to understand some people
    Sri

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I remember one incident that happened when I was 12 years old. I was visiting my great grand mother who used to live in a house in West Mambalam which makes the houses in Triplicane feel shy as it starts from Kuppai Chetty Street to another road behind. That house should have been in existence from time immemorial.

We were visiting her when Lal Bahadur Shastri used to be the Prime Minister of India. He went to Tashkent which is the present capital Uzbekistan but used to be part of USSR to enter into a treaty with Pakistan organized by USSR. All of a sudden, out of the blue, She told us interrupting a routine conversation and exclaimed, "I don't know why he went for this meeting. He is not going to come alive." We were all under the impression that she was referring to Lal Bahadur Shastri being assassinated in a foreign land. I was shocked when he died in Tashkent but due to a massive heart attack and his body was brought back to India. Till today, I do not understand how she predicted it and whether she meant assassination. It could be a sheer coincidence.

Viswa

7. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Wow.. Cheeniya.. this was most shocking .. imagine the power our minds have over our bodies...by the way what does 'karinakku' mean?
    this was enjoyable and educative.. though I've never paid much attention to "know it alls" they are more of irritants and avoidable persons.. I would love to call for their bluff as Kamalji put it.. I think if we tend to ignore them they will shut up...
    but I can tell you my son will think the same of me specially today as day before his prelims marks were out and the first thing I said was .. I knew the result will be disastrous!!!...
    kerman

8. Cheeniya

Dear Viswa
    That's really uncanny even if it was sheer coincidence! Reminds me of the famous Malayalam movie 'Iyyar the great' in which Mammootty gets this skill of foreseeing the future after a fall from a tree. I have seen people predicting their own deaths. There was a famous astrologer in Triplicane who had written down his date of death and kept it in a sealed cover. As nothing was happening even remotely connected with the possibility of his dying, he ended his life by hanging a day before his predicted date!
    To him, his professional pride was more important than his life!
    Sri

9. Cheeniya

Dear kerman
    'Karinakku' literally means a blackened tongue but it refers to people whose bad prophesies will sure become a reality. You may call it 'foul mouthed utterance'
    Of course the all-knowing guys are certainly irritants and avoidable pests. In fact these people would know nothing of themselves!
    You could have spared your son of your prediction!
    Sri

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

I do no tknow how I missed this post, might be that time I did not know what to post because sometimes I am a tubelight and sometimes I am very bright. Its always a pleasure to read your threads and give fb and I feel more happy when I get your comment. You are really great, you make everyone happy with our comments.

Now regarding this subject, my husband also knows sometimes what is going to happen. My mother was in the hospital, the doctors could not find out what is wrongwith her. One day when I came back from the hospital my husband was telling me your mother wont live long. I felt so sad , again I went to see her that night and my mother was surprised to see me and the next day my mother expired. My husband was with her in her last moment , the doctor had sent me to inform others that she is serious. I felt so bad that I could not be near her in her last moment. She was with me only at that time to look after my children and since the children were kids that time my servant used to sleep with her. She was in the hospital only for 3days. Next year my younger daughter was born and I felt my mother has come back as my daughter.