1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The All-knowing!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 23, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

Now only I realised that I had failed to answer a pertinent question raised by you. To which side of balance sheet does "gullibility" belong? The Assets or Liabilities?

One thing I learnt (and I am still learning) as an accountant is that whether an item is an asset or liability does not depend on the item itself, but on the whole circumstances. Thus a building may normally be an asset. But if it is situated in a place where the authorities do not give permission to alter it and it requires a fortune to maintain the building and there are no buyers, well, then it is more prudent to provide for that building as a liability.

In the same way gullibility with people we love is an asset. For example if my wife comes to me with a request, "Isn't this saree too good?". Though I know the saree is not worth even half the money invested on it, I feign gullibility and say, it is the best saree in the whole world. But gullibility with the people whom we deal with professionally is a liability.

Now having answered that it is my pleasant duty to inform you,Sri and Chitra that in less than 24 hours I will be posting a thread on calling someone's bluff.
    And Sudha rest assured there will be nothing in that to hurt the sentiments of people.

Intha padam nalai release. So what I am going to say there?
    Velli Thiraiyil Kaanka.

regards,
    sridhar

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar
    That's a very rationalistic approach to Accountancy! I suppose it is not just 'gullibility' but every human quality needs to be assessed so! Even telling a lie is considered good if it is beneficial to somebody, a view endorsed even by Gandhiji!
    If you can go that extra mile to keep Indhu pleased, I should say that she is indeed blessed to have you as her husband. The normal reaction would be, me included, 'Dont tell me that you paid a fabulous amount for that stupid junk!'
    Now all eyes on your thread on calling someone's bluff. I am sure you will set this forum alight with joy with your hilarious observations!
    Sri

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri, Chitra, Sudha and All the ILites,

As promised I have posted a thread on calling someone's bluff. Sudha, I have kept your caution in mind that one should not unnecessarily hurt others in this calling bluff process.

And here's the link
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/w...0-s-fake-love-letter-varalotti.html#post60631

Sri sir, now I have written my examination. Waiting for your valuation.

regards,
    sridhar

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

Hilarious one.Yes we have many of those kinds around.

The best thing is to tell them " Write on a piece o fpaper waht can go wrong with me, and seal in an envellope, and when it happens we will open the envellope and see if u had predicted it" and they will run away from u forever, whcih i am sure u will never mind.:2thumbsup: I hve a few guys like that here too.Shall i give them yur adress.Sri.

Regards.kamal

5. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Absolute Truth exposed in your posts my dear Sri Sir,

There are certain people who just want to have the publicity often peep in their views as the first hand informers after the incidents and when we go after them to proove , they will find scape goats with elusive answers.

Even subjects of not their field or interest, they will express with authority when the other persons are innocent viewers. Their style and habits, we cannot change them.

Subbu

6. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri sir,

I did not read this post of yours. But I just happened to see a new post in this thread on the home page I just peeked in and I found that it was written a looooooong back. But still it is so hillarious. Especially your uncle's encounter with Sivarajan make me smile in the tense situation currently prevailing in the house.

Thanks a lot you eased my tension. Good one.

7. Cheeniya

Dear Kamalji
    Now you are the one who is a spoil sport! Let them have their simple pleasures Kamalji. Dont put them through tough tests. There is nothing like it if the joke is on us for we wont be hurting or offending anyone. It would be even better if you pretend to be wonderstruck by his capacity for predictions!
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

Dear Subbu
    They are like Vivek in our real life. Let's laugh with them and put them out of our mind. I can say this in their defence that they may me putting up a false show but there will be no malice in what they do!
    Sri

9. Cheeniya

Dear Rajmi
    I am happy to have given you a reason to smile!
    The person that I have described is a common sight in our lives. When we meet them in real, we tend to get irritated but when we read about them we smile and enjoy! If the same attitude is extended to our physical encounters with them, we'll start seeing the humour in everything around us!
    Sri

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

So u love pulling legs of these chaps eh.Yes u must be enjoying it.HAHA.Yes so let them be.They are a good source of fun.Regards.kamal