1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The aging ship sets sail again

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra
    Very novel indeed! After reading your interpretation, I now know what thought I had in mind when I wrote this. It is said that a doctor's prescription can be read and understood only by the pharmacist. Sometimes, even the prescribing doctor can not understand what he has written and he will wait for the pharmacist to decode it! You are my pharmacist!
    And rightly so. People say that laughter is the best medicine and as a Doctor of Humour, I prescribe this medicine to everyone. But your FBs make my prescription understandable for my humour to have the desired effect!
    Thank you for your generous appreciation for my blog!
    Sri

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

What a beautiful blog, so full of meaning.Yes one day we have to go, but there are few like u, who are ready to go with a smile.You and me will go together, not to worry.We will blog from there.Regards.kamal

3. Cheeniya

Dear Kamalji
    That's a beautiful promise! The heavens need not bother any more about shortage of quality and light hearted blogs!
    We'll paint the heavens red!
    Sri

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sri, when u write like this i consider this a transition of ur mind and it is slowly changing over, i feel when the time does really come the soul and mind is well prepared so it just sends signal to mind to slowly prepare each one with the role ahead, but yes it is heavy when a person known too close writes like this one feels not sorry but unable to digest as written by that one person..all the best, all ships do anchor somewhere..sunkan

5. Cheeniya

Dear Sundari
    I am afraid that too much is read out of this blog of mine. While I do not want to say if the feeling reflected in this blog is my own or someone else's as told to me.

Writing gives me a lot of pleasure. When I write, I write mostly in first person in order that I emote well with what I write. It may be my own story or a figment of my imagination. I am touched by all the concern expressed in response to this.

65 is certainly a stage in life when more mature thoughts come crowding and in the tussle between the mind and the heart, heart slowly takes over inching the mind out completely. When you reach my age, you'll know what I mean!
    Sri

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Cheens,

My bread-butter comes from the shipping industry, so while I love golden ships, a lacklustre, troubled sinking ship gives me the jitters! At first sight, a very grim, introspective, brooding piece. But on second reading, also shows the challenge of taking control, making ones own way. And finally after all the effort and success, in giving gently, willingly in to the inevitable! Very Bhagwad Gita! Since we are playing the guessing game here about what the symbolism is all about, I say 'destiny'. Destiny handed over generations, over individuals, over souls. And we are the makers of our own destiny. The ship analogy brings another memory. I visited the Wasa museum in Stockholm. The Wasa was a ship built centuries ago, something like Noah's Ark, something like the Titanic. It held everything and everyone. The building of the ship was a great, grand affair and the royal coffers were emptied into it. On the first run, from royalty to rag pickers- all asembled to watch the Wasa set sail. Within ten minutes, the ship sank and all inside died. It was the greatest maritime disaster of that century. What a beginning and how it ended! Well, not quite! About 50 years back, the wreck of the Wasa was discovered and the whole ship was hauled back and reconstructed. Today, it is one of the National monuments of Sweden. A glowing ship, sank to the bottom, now back to glory. We may go down, but never out.

7. Cheeniya

Dear Vidya
    The story of Wasa is at once impressive, inspiring and awesome! There is a lot of similarity between a ship and a human being from the point of view of the life span. Ships are remembered for the voyages that they had undertaken and the humans are remembered for their achievements in life. The question is how much attention a person should pay to the kind of foot prints that he leaves back as he marches through his life. It is not how long one lives but how well he does.
    I strongly believe that no one comes this way without a purpose. Many may not know it and yet be playing that role as ordained. But certain finesse in that role play can be possible only when we get to know the import of it. People who never get a grip on their lives till they die hardly leave a mark by which they can be remembered. Some are blessed to get that grip early in their lives. Some, like the ship that I have described, may get it at an advanced age. But no matter when we take charge of our lives, instead of allowing it to toss about in a stormy sea, there is still hope of redemption.
    Wasa is yet another great example of what can be done to a 'dead life'
    Thanks a lot for the truly illuminating FB, Vidya
    Sri

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

Here we see a different Sri, in a philosphical mood.well said, and very true.How come u are posting so less these days? Lost interest Sri, i hope yr health is fine and u are fit as a fiddle.Take care.Regards.kamal