1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The-7-Year-Old-Schizophrenic. Has imaginary friends who rules her life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by passionate89, Jul 29, 2011.

1. passionate89

passionate89 Platinum IL'ite

Schizophrenia is a chronic mental disease that affects behavior, thinking, and emotion; Any condition in which disparate or mutually exclusive activities coexist.

Every child has fascinating dreams and imaginations that amuzes us. But for this 7 year old girl can hear voices and misinterpret reality. In her case, hallucinations take the form of imaginary children and animals. They are her friends whom she believes to exist(only this 7year old girl can feel like these below mentioned people talk to her and ask her to do bad things. This is the disorder) She says her little friend's name is 24 Hours, a rat named
    Wednesday, and a cat named 400 who tells her to do bad things.

Poor child, when was small used to sleep only for 20 minutes at a time and not more than 4 hours a day.

Also this girl used to say to her parents "Call me as Blue-Eyed Tree Frog and Jani Firefly". Then her parents realised these imaginations were hallucinations and were the symptoms of Schizophrenia.

This girl's case was telecasted in Love Channel in Oprah Winfrey's show.

[video]http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Oprah-Meets-a-Child-with-Schizophrenia-Video[/video]

Her parent's said
    "She would scratch until she drew blood. She bit until she drew blood. She would try to run her nails down my face to try and scratch my eyes out," Michael says. "Then, seconds later, she was back to being sweet again."

Jani explained to her parents that imaginary animals named Wednesday and 400 were telling her to hit. If she didn't do it, she said they would scratch and bite her until she did.

Please pray for this little girl who is suffering from this most terrible brain disorder with hallucinations and who doesn't know who she is. This disease is killing her and her parents mentally everyday :cry:

My prayers for you Jani.

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai Passionate,

Much worried about the child My prayers for the child. Now a days the diseases are popping up new and different one. ALMIGHTY will shower blessings to the child to become normal.

3. passionate89

4. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

This post made me sad.

It reminds us that we must count our blessings. We must thank God for all we have and make the most of it. Be the best person we can be, rather than be the best according to what the world defines as what is "best".

I pray for that little girl, and others like her.

5. passionate89

absolutely!!.. We should be very happy with wat we have... we are all blesssed...

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My prayers for the little girl