1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The 3Ps - People, Problems and Principles

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by InnerBliss, Feb 4, 2012.

1. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

[​IMG]

We are what our thoughts make us. Yes, Thoughts do make our destiny. I believe, People, Problems and Principles are the 3Ps which regulate our lives.

Usually, when we are immature and a child, our minds may get dominated and controlled by People, the 1st P. We live for the people and with the people but gradually as we grow up, we may start focusing on the problems of life, the 2nd P.Ultimately, we may either learn good lessons or bad lessons from the tough times and may shape our perspective for life accordingly. We may start influencing people and the environment by our thoughts and behavior. We behave as per our thoughts. Sometimes we may think of People and Problems, both of them and may get confused of how to make the best use of our potentialities, by justifying everything correctly. Sometimes we may become People-Pleaser and other times we may get stressed.

Eventually, It is worth discovering that Principles, the 3rd P are the panacea to all the confusions with People and the problems. As one chinese proverb says, "Those who do not stand for something, fall for anything". It is very important in our lives to have Principles and values. Principles can be set and added anytime. Whenever anything goes wrong, we can quickly add some principles for our lives. It must be based on Win-Win strategy. It should be positive, respectful and comfortable to everybody, it should be justifiable, sensible and realistic. We should take the responsibility for every action that we take."As you sow so shall you reap", and when we start sharing all the good qualities with others, we start receiving goodness in lieu. Helping others is not a one-way traffic. Principles are never fickle nor temporary, they remain permanently and add to our self esteem and personality!

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anuradha, With simple words you have brought very useful lesson to all of us..

These lines are very true.. Thanks for presenting such a good article and glad that i read this as my first one today..

3. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Its lovely to see friend that you have liked my this blog. Your words are always the spirit booster.

Thank you for your friendship :)

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Thank you for your wonderful thoughts on this subject. There is a belief in this world that knowledge is power. As a matter of fact, it is character that is powerful. How good is knowledge if that does not build character? How is it useful if it is not for the benefit of the world? Even in knowledge there are two kinds, one is known as worldly knowledge and the other is known as knowing the truth which is considered as real knowledge. worldly knowledge only helps us to scratch the surface of this world to make a living. But it is the true knowledge that helps us towards salvation. One is extravert and another is introvert. The one that digs deep into our nature and quality is the one that builds character.

Even if you take a big corporation, people say that "The Purpose of an Enterprise is to create a customer." In real terms, the corporations that are successful are the ones that creates value and the customers come to them because of the value they create. That is why the organizations are talking about the culture of the people working for the corporation especially in services industry and the quality of the product in case of other industries. The success of the corporations are directly proportional to their culture, people, product, technology and so on.

All three Ps you have indicated above makes the person's character. If we lose everything we have, we can get it back but if we lose the character, we will lose everything. That is why when we raise children we have to make them very independent thinkers. We need to ask them a lot of questions to make them derive answers themselves instead of telling them what to do. We have to understand that knowledge resides in our children inside their conscience and we have to help them discover it rather than giving them knowledge to build character. Once they learn to derive the right decisions, they would lead their life perfectly and that is the greatest service a parent could provide to a child.

Viswa

5. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Oh my Goodness, You gave me an other dip into the ocean of your knowledge! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for the direction and sharing the light on 'knowledge', 'character' and 'art of character building in the children'. I would not like to forget this.

Lovely and true!

Could you please give me examples of what kind of questions do you mean that would make them independent thinkers? I really dont want to get deprived of the greatest service that I could offer to the kids.

After knowing your thoughts, I feel to request you to upload your pic in your profile picture so all of us IL members can see the idol who has been sparing these many efforts to direct us towards a beautiful journey.

Thank you for your lovely thoughts.
    Anuradha

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

You have been extremely kind with your words. But to be honest, I am not sure I deserve that much credit. I am a simple human being making a lot of mistakes in day to day life. Many things I tell now are not something that I used when I raised my child as I did not have that knowledge at that time. I thought that it is important to share as it could be useful to other parents. I will definitely upload my picture soon.

The following could be one of the examples of a conversation with a child:

Let us assume that the child got lesser grade in one of the subjects in the test.

Mom: I know you always make a very good attempt to do well in the test. What do you think happened this time?

Child: I think I did not have the time to prepare well for the test and also made some silly mistakes when writing the test.

Mom: Let us take the preparation part first. Is that test announced recently?

Child: No mom. It was announced earlier.

Mom: How much time you spent to prepare for this test?

Child: I spent the last 3 days.

Mom: How much time you really had to prepare for this test?

Child: Two weeks.

Mom: Is there a reason why you did not have the time to prepare for it earlier?

Child: Not really. I thought 3 days would be adequate for the preparation

Mom: Now, what do you think you should do to prepare for similar exam next time?

Child: I guess, I need to start early.

Mom: You also indicated that you made some silly mistakes. What happened? Was the test time shorter than the time needed to finish it?

Child: Not really mom. I had finished the test much earlier. But, I didn't look at the answers again before leaving the test answers with my teachers.

Mom: What do you think you need to do to avoid such problems in future?

Child: I guess, I need to look at the answers before handing over the answer sheet.

Mom: I know you are very smart and now I strongly believe that you know how to get better grade next time. Good luck, honey.

Let us assume the child got very good grade in a test and proudly announce it to mom

Mom: Congratulations on a very good performance honey.

Child: Thank you, mom.

Mom: How did the whole class do in this test?

Child: The average grade is slightly lower than what I got in the test.

Mom: What do you think made you to score better than the class average?

Child: I started early to prepare for the test, discussed my doubts with the teacher and also looked at all my answers before I handed the test answer sheet back.

Mom: It looks like you have a complete control over what you do. I am happy and proud of you.

Both discussions are making the child to derive the answers themselves and when they derive the answers themselves, they have good reason to own it and follow it rather than what was told to them.

Viswa

7. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

:bowdownTerrific!! Got the idea about the kind of conversation and the questions that you have discussed earlier. Thank you for that. To some extent, the questions above reflect the part of the counseling therapy. It is praise worthy that you have gained this kind of insight without going through that expertise study. :bowdown

Surely, would try to keep practicing this. Gaining knowledge and awareness is the first step. You have refreshed a part of lesson that I had learnt some time ago. Thank you so much. It would help in practicing in daily life.

[​IMG]

8. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

It is very important in our lives to have Principles and values.

Viswamitra Sir has given a wonderful FB.

In this Fast track era......i feel the above line is very important for remaining humble and grounded.

9. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

You are right Mums. Its really a wonderful FB. Thanks for your FB too.