1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The ‘Foot-in-Mouth’ Syndrome…

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmasrinivas, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear devatman,

First of all let me wish you happy new year and Bhavani Maa's blessings be on you.
    Iam so envious that you had attended a meditation camp.

Lot of our energies are wasted by commenting , i suppose "maun" is the best solution for all unnecessary comments.

But if i opt here for Maun in this fb, i will not be fair to you. Thank you for starting this year "less talk more work" suggestion.

Who else can say this with such a mastery other than you.
    Jaya

2. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Mindi, KMji, OJ-da, Vahee, Cheeniya Sir, Padmini, Bhargavi and Atma-Sakhi Jaya,

The call of duty added to connectivity problems kept me from acknowledging your wonderful fbs till now,

I profoundly apologise for this lapse... this will be set right soon...

Thanks for being so understanding,

LnBBHs,
    Padma

3. Padmasrinivas

Dear Mindi,

Oh! Even I am like that Amma sometimes, have learnt to bite my tongue before the words come tumbling out!

Happiness is not taking oneself seriously, no matter if others do or not!

A little madness is a good thing, too much of being 'organised' may be monotonous, no?

Thanks for your appreciative words, Mindi dearest,

LnBBHs,
    Paddu

4. Padmasrinivas

Dear KMji,

How nicely you have put it, KMji... the present is indeed a 'present' from the Lord...

I guess all of us keep planning for the future, a security measure, maybe?

Thanks for the lovely fb, KMji,

LnBBHs,
    Padma

5. Padmasrinivas

Dear OJ-da,

Your presence here always does wonders for my morale... thanks so much...

The little girl probably got away with it, in those days when one set such store by good manners and etiquette...

Thanks once again, OJ-da, for the appreciation...

Regards,
    Padma

6. Padmasrinivas

Dear Vahee,

It makes me very happy to have you here and to receive your sweet fbs, dear dear Vahee

Wish you and your family a great year ahead in 2010 ... May the New Year make all your dreams come true...

I think it is a common tendency to give one's opinion, because we mean well and maybe because we have lived through many situations and it is from experience that we speak...

My Guruji says that one has to personally experience a situation, only then will one understand ...

As a mom, I too have done this many times... now I think twice before I open my mouth!!!

Meditation is a good way to calm the mind and face situations with acceptance... Wish you success in your meditation

Thanks for your wishes and for being here, Vahee dear

LnBBHs,
    Padma

7. Padmasrinivas

Dear Cheeniya sir,

What a coincidence, that you should have the same idea!
    That did put me on a high, great feeling specially to start off the New Year!

You know, I never thought of Shakespeare's soliloquy from this angle... but now that you have pointed it out, seems very plausible

Lord Krishna, as the Vatapathra Shayee is probably telling us to contemplate in silence as that is the Path to Salvation...

Wish you and your family (our extended IL family too) a Happy New Year.. with the Divine Grace of Bhavani Maa...

Regards,
    Padma

8. Padmasrinivas

Dear Padmini,

Pad, my dear friend of the hilarious and imaginative posts... no need to turn green or envy me, wish I had your gift of rib-tickling ideas for posts and clear-sighted fbs...

You are right, it does mean saying something one should not have said or embarrassing oneself by saying the wrong thing... I can imagine the scene you have described so vividly!

I am certainly looking forward to your 'one post every week' resolution, Pad dear... how can we protest when there are bound to be gems to read from your pen, er keyboard!

LnBBHs,
    Padma

9. Padmasrinivas

Dear Bhargavi,

Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year, may 2010 bring you lots of happiness and may all your dreams be fulfilled...

Keeping 'mum' is so difficult... all our intentions are shattered when we cannot keep ourselves from blurting out something...

I too have a pile of books that are as yet unread.. maybe sometime soon I'll catch up...

Thanks for being here and adding value to the post, Bhargavi dear,

LnBBHs,
    Padma

10. Padmasrinivas

Jaya, my Priya Atma-Sakhi,

A very Happy new Year to you, hope your Guruji's Boundless Grace goes with you at all times

Although quite late with my response to your very apt fb, I assure you that I intended to do so asap, just had many other preoccupations...

Youare welcome to come with me to the Ashram when you come to Blr, we can experience the Bliss twofold when we are together,

Maunam is definitely a boon, keeps unnecessary misunderstandings and hassles away, as I learnt after many indiscreet utterences!

Words do not suffice to say Thanks, Priya Atma-Sakhi Jaya, for the lovely appreciative fb,

Jai Bhavani Maa!

LnBBHs,
    Padma