1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The ‘75 Hard’ Challenge

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Gauri03, Jun 3, 2021.

1. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

Day 1
    Oct 11
    Sleep 7.5 hrs
    Exercise 1 hr at gym
    Water intake good

did not fast today due to rigorous exercise and non stop work meetings.

Rihana and Anisu like this.
  2. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

Lot has unpacked since I posted here with hurricane Ian, little one falling sick, getting crushed by toxic higher management at work and attrition in my team ! I am glad I survived and I was reading the replies here at-least once a day and could not simply take the time to respond as I wanted to pen down my thoughts and vent a little.

Simplifying and compartmentalizing as you so aptly pointed out is what I need. I have come up with only 3 goals for now to count into my challenge. Sleeping well, exercising, eating better than I am now & drinking plenty of water/fluids. I want to take care of myself with these goals and let the rest flow in their own pace as they are something not absolute must for me at this point in my life.

I created a 168 hours week chart and blocked my essentials like sleep, exercise and kids related things, basics for home and started pushing back at work to make sure I only engage my mind in work for no more than 8-9 hours. I blocked 40 mins during my lunch and managed to take a cat nap couple of days or consume soft skills/leadership content on linkedin etc.. that recharges me and gain new perspective of the situation at hand. In few days I got some clarity that if the higher management does not respect my need for work-life balance and keep pushing me, then may be this is not the team for me. Still looking for a mommy's helper for atleast 2 hours a day but husband is helping more with kids and cooking & groceries.

I cannot express enough how thankful I am to have such an amazing group to support and guide. I will log my progress and hope to complete one round of the challenge with my small but impactful goals !!

Srama, Rihana and Anisu like this.
  3. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

You have no idea how much wisdom I gain from your posts along with the chuckles & laughs that add so much joy to my day !!

When you said that 3 times a week is a habit, it lifted the burden off my shoulders. I signed up for this expensive gym membership and going 3-4 times makes it worth it. I have tried all the tricks in the book to make myself workout more as I really love exercise and it makes me a better person mentally. Since there is a coach and group lessons, when I go to the gym I do my best and that makes me feel good for 2 days.

I am simplifying my goals as I am fighting an uphill battle at work and it is draining me emotionally. I am only going to stick to basics for now as work and kids related responsibilities are relentless. I am going to hire a helper soon to attend to the kids in the evening as husband also wraps up work only at 7 PM most of the time.

Rihana and Anisu like this.
  4. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Cooking as planned 30 mins
    Reading 60 mins
    Chanting of shlokas and learning : around 20 to 25 mins.

Breakfast : chole wrap palak paratha and leftover rice kanji with neer mor.

Rihana, Anisu and Gauri03 like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Tuesday, October 11, 2022 - 47th day

Walking - 45 minutes
    Upperbody exercises and back exercises - 15 minutes
    Water - 2 liters
    IF - 8 p.m. to 9 a.m.
    Reading - 30 minutes

Rihana, Anisu and Gauri03 like this.
  6. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

10/11/2022: Day 1

* H20: 2 liters
    * Workout: 40 minutes walk, 20 minutes lifting heavy stuff
    * Meditation: 5 minutes
    * IF: 12:12
    * Music practice: 0 minutes
    * Professional Dev: 0 minutes

Not a great start. Had a late evening meeting that went on past 9pm. Ate some baklava afterwards just because. Stayed up reading the 300 emails my kids’ school sends every week. Ruined my IF and my bedtime both. Will redo day 1 today.

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

10/10 - 10/12 Mon-Wed, Days 24,25,26

CBT Course - 25 mins
    Sorting Stuff - 25 mins
    Writing - 25 mins (or more)
    Exercise - 25 mins ( or more)
    Tea or Coffee - less than 2

Happy to have got the four "to-do's" done latest by noon each day. Busier days and weeks coming up. I should wake up earlier, and complete at least three of the four to-do's by 8 am. The fourth one will then hopefully get done like the youngest in a big family grows up almost by himself/herself : ) and seemingly minimal effort by parents.

Anisu, nandinimithun and Viswamitra like this.
  8. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

Yes, I am definitely finding it little overwhelming and realizing I need to cut down. We are not able to find any help for cooking in the place we are in unfortunately.. but this is something I feel will free up the mental space too. I have posted in my neighborhood nextdoor for mommy's helper and talking to few. 2-3 hours 5 days a week is what I am looking for to cover my evenings. Hopefully that pans out and I find someone good.

At work, a whole different story is unfolding and 8 months into it I started to have second thoughts about my future here. This may turn out to be a stepping stone for my next job... will see !

You hit the nail on head when you brought up the sleep and bedtime being the highest priority than any other self help goals. I started to sleep earlier than I used to from about a week. I am trying to get solid 7 hours sleep and also trying to squeeze in extra nap whenever I can. I feel 10 years down the line more than anything my health will play a biggest role to shape my life and I want to first get into long term habits for diet, exercise and sleep before anything else.

After covid hit us in March 2020, for about 6 months until September 2020 I lost all sense of normalcy and then started running, IF , gym ... but sleep was always hit or miss. Consistent bedtime and wake up time needs another level of discipline which I am lacking now. Thanks a bunch for taking your time and responding to my post. It means a lot to me and you guys are like my mentors :) .

nandinimithun, Srama and Viswamitra like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @NOW,

I am glad you are getting a grip on how things are moving forward for you. You are right in prioritizing your wellbeing over anything else and I am proud of you for that. I always remind myself - you can do it all but not at the same time!

Best wishes with everything and glad to hear you are coping and making plans and revising them. Keep at it!

NOW likes this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

12th Oct 2022

Workout – 45 min Spinning + 45 min yoga
    IF - 16 hours
    Water - 2 liters, may be even 3 :)
    Writing – 15 mins
    Reading – 25 mins
    chanting – 25 mins