1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The ‘75 Hard’ Challenge

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Gauri03, Jun 3, 2021.

1. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Hi gouri hope you are okay now. Do you have any remedies for migraine. My elder one suffers a lot from these headaches. Until she vomits she doesn't feel better and vomiting doesn't happen easily. It's so painful to even watch.

Last week didn't go well for me either. Unexpected work load, kids fell sick and so on. Have started again from today. Hope I will be able to continue.

Kaput, Gauri03, mangaii and 1 other person like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

A friend of mine suggests Keeping palms into a tub filled with ice cubes eases the pain due to migraine. It is difficult to pinpoint the trigger(s) that contributes for migraines. My mom suffered a lot with migraine during my entire child hood& boy hood. There was a thread about migraine and @sankara1 - a doctor had suggested remedies to a member.

Kaput, stayblessed and mangaii like this.
  3. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I'm restarting
    100 more days for 2022 so goal is to be consistent at least 3/4th(75 days)
    1.Walk/Movement for1 hour
    2.Sleep 6-7 hours (Hit bed by at least 10.30-11PM)
    3.Absolutely no calls to India unless otherwise needed (I have spoiled my emotional health and my sleep for past few days)
    4.Reduce sugar and eat healthy .
    5.Spend at least 3 hours studying Spring Framework and aws
    6.Meditation for 30 mins

I want to stick to my plan for rest of the year I will see how it goes
    My main issue has been late night India calls which spoiled my night time routine and sleep . My goal is to be consistent with above 6 tasks for next 75 days.

4. Thyagarajan

Forgive my curiosity. But then Why 2022?

75% of 100 days regimen would be easily completed during left out days in this Sep, ‘21 plus entire Oct, nov & dec ‘21 . On new year day you would begin rejoicing with goal having been attained/achieved.
    Regards.

stayblessed and mangaii like this.
  5. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I feel for your daughter. Migraines, that too at a young age, can be debilitating. I am lucky in a sense that I only get them 2-3 times a year, almost always after a period of intense stress or sickness. Aside from drinking gallons of water and sleeping nothing else has helped me. I have to keep my eyes closed because light tends to intensify the headache so usually I sleep for 10-12 hours after which it subsides. Hope your DD outgrows the migraines as she gets older. Glad you are starting again.

6. Thyagarajan

Addendum to #312.
    Eventually, my mom was rid of migraine after her menopause and lived a healthy more robust life till she breathed her last at ripe age 88.

Gauri03, stayblessed and mangaii like this.
  7. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Completed 1/75 Good to get good sleep although the temptation to make calls was high I kept the phone far away .
    Completed remaining 5 even though mind wants to slack

8. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Hi, i remember you replying to my message. I consulted an ayurvedic doctor and she gave me migrakot tablets, am yet to try that, have got it. She also suggested me anu tailam to put 2 drops in each nostril 2 times a day. Mine is a combination of sinus and migraine problem since i get headaches when i go out in cold or hot weather, include lemon in my diet, take cucumber with yogurt. Basically anything cold for the body triggers me. I get headache if I wash hair and sleep without completely drying. Recently I tried this and it has worked for me without taking medicines.
    I got a tablet called neerkovai, i try to dissolve it in water, add dry ginger powder (sukku podi) to it and make a paste of both apply on my forehead, behind my ears and on my neck. I also use amrutanjan roll on, these 2 in combination with the roll on helps me. I need to stay quiet, not talk much and rest after applying these, and drink some hot water, this has helped me get releieved in 2-4 hours without taking medicine. Without medicine, it usually lasts 12 hours, so i see this is helping.

Hope your daughter feels better, i wonder if it is hormonal, please watch the food and cause of the triggers and try to avoid that.

9. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Hi, I am new to this thread and will count as day 1

Day 1 Sep 23

Walking 45 minutes
    Water intake 6 cups
    Diet - rice, veggies, coffee and some junk - need to cut down
    Reading - preparing for exam, so online studies
    Sloka chanting 15 mts

10. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much @Gauri03 @Thyagarajan @vidukarth for all your inputs. Will try them. Yes she has sinusitis too. She gets both migraine and sinus headaches. Planning to take homeo or ayurveda treatment for the same. Hope she gets rid of all this or at least there is a reduction in the frequency.

Kaput, vidukarth and Gauri03 like this.