1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The ‘75 Hard’ Challenge

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Gauri03, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

06/28 and 6/29 - Day 3 & 4
    • Take progress photo, weigh-in DONE
    • 45 minute workout DONE
    • 3 liters of water DONE
    • Read 25 pages DONE
    • 20 minute meditation DONE
    • 30 minute activity prep DONE
    • No white rice DONE
    Folks, keep rocking! I have to stop for a couple of weeks because I have to travel :--(

Sandhya13, Srama and Gauri03 like this.
  2. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

This is amazing thread.

Question on this.
    Diet is the one which is confusing me. Now it is holidays , so local travel for kids outing is going. not able to cook food for every outing. how do you account for that. is that strictly cheating or grey area

2nd Q - Workout outside - do you guys workout / walk if it rains . i understand the challenge but i do not want to fall sick and then do nothing for a week.

Sandhya13, Srama and Gauri03 like this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good to see you here Lavani. So each person makes their own rules regarding food and workout. Eating out isn’t cheating if it fits your diet goals. Some of us are doing intermittent fasting, others are skipping sweets or rice. Same with workouts. Personally I would be okay with two indoor workouts if the weather is bad. For example here in California it doesn’t rain but we are expecting a bad fire season. So if the air quality is poor I would absolutely skip the outdoor workouts and stick to yoga or machines. You don’t even need to do two workouts. It could be one workout a day. Whatever you choose you follow it for 75 days. That is the only rule.

Thyagarajan, Sandhya13 and Srama like this.
  4. Gauri03

That’s a wonderfully positive way to approach the challenge! You’re so right. After all mental discipline is the ultimate goal. We aren’t really failing so long as we don’t quit. :thumbup:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    Sandhya13 and Srama like this.
  5. Gauri03

June 29: Day 16
    • Take a progress photo — Done
    • Walk - 51 minutes, Rowing - 30 minutes, Strength training - 15 minutes
    • 3L water — Done
    • Reading — 10 pages (The New Adolescence)
    • Caloric intake ~ 1200 cals, IF ~ 18 hrs
    • Meditation — 10 minutes

Kohvachn, Sandhya13 and Srama like this.
  6. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Day6 : 28th Jun
    • Two 45 minute workouts – walk 60 mins + yoga 45 mins
    • No Sweet
    • IF - 16 hrs
    • 15 mins pranayama
    Day7 : 29th Jun
    • Two 45 minute workouts – 45 mins walk +60 min yoga
    • No Sweet
    • IF - 18 hrs
    • 15 mins pranayama

Need some advice ladies
    I am planning to join a yoga class , on zoom. I have previously done 2 workshops with this teacher and have a wonderful rappo with her. She recommends me to join advanced yoga class conducted by another teacher in her studio . The problem is due to time zone difference the class will end at 10:30pm for me. I typically sleep around midnight ( night owl) . Her one concern was this might delay my sleep. I have asked for a trail classes for 1 week before committing to it. Besides sleep pattern, anything else I look out for during the trail?
    @Srama , our yoga guru, can you please please share your thoughts?

Gauri03, Sandhya13 and Srama like this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Sandhya13 ,

Glad to hear that helped!
    :banana: You did really well girl! This is how we teach ourselves to become more aware. WTG!!

Sandhya13 likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

29th Jun

· Take a progress photo -- done
    · 45-minute workout – 45 min yoga + 1.15 hr walk
    · Drink 2L of water – done
    · Read 10 pages – done “This Land is Our Land”
    · Follow a diet program – >16hrs
    · Chanting - >25 mins

Gauri03 and Sandhya13 like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @SunPa,

My first instinct honestly, too late for a class especially if it is an advanced yoga class. Winding down with somoe gentle poses can help you sleep better though.
    In my personal experience, yoga classes have their own effects on our body and mind. Some poses can be invigorating and some calming. I have seen people leave the mat crying (feeling overwhelmed) and I have seen people fall asleep snoring during shavasana after an intense practice. Similarly some feel energized while others feel like they need a nap.

I would have encouraged you if you said winding up by 9; 10.30 seems a little too late for me, even if you are a night owl. The other aspect I would like to consider is the physical - end of the day, my body is all tight and wound up and it does feel hard to get into a deeper pose. I feel that way even after an intense workut day like spinning, if I do yoga the next day! So I refrain from evening classes - though I do go to an occasional one, if it is a favorite teacher - once a week commitment. So trial class is a great idea - see how you feel and based on the duration of the class you can decide. I am assuming this is going to be once a week. I will still lean towards saying no.....sorry!

Since you do IF, food is not a problem - I would watch out for how you feel, sleeping pattern and after you wake up. Also zoom classes and advanced poses, I would urge to be careful and don't hesitate to ask for modiffications. I routinely hurt myself while following videos even now - right now nursing a small tear in my left thigh and right collar bone :(

10. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your honest input. This will be a Mon-Fri sessions, so will be pretty much change in change in my everyday routine . I am doing the trail from today

Ouch, that feels painful!
    I am scared of injuries, now-a-days the body takes ages to heal what seems like a small injury. Even old injuries that appear to have healed, when stressed appear weaker than the other side , I will try and err on the side of caution, and ask for modifications.

Sandhya13 and Srama like this.