1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

That's Your Life's Situation, Not Life!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Rihana,

So nice to see your response. You and I know and are still learning - to let life's situations happen and yet let see that life is different! Look at all the beautiful things around you that you describe. We are of the same breed, my dear! But I do have to tell you, filling boxes outdoors? Now that makes me jealous - we cannot even yet put a finger out for less than a minute, forget our selves doing an activity - oh I know this too shall pass. This year I am eager to get to my yard, especially around my pond and make it all pretty and beautiful, get another swing set up this and that. With all that I have to do come spring, I have already started spring cleaning in the house a month ago - getting rid of stuff getting better organized....you know so many life situations have happened that I feel this urge.

This is it Rihana, you prompt me somehow to share more than I would have! Even as I type I need to head out to yoga and my phone shows a chilly 9 F but there is hope - I see a steady climb of temperatures as we go through the week....you know reminding me of life, not the today!

Thank you for your response Rihana! Always always appreciated!

Rihana likes this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Vani,

So sorry about your elbow! I was off IL for quite sometime with a quick India trip squeezed in between and the jet lag and the catching up etc! I hope you are feeling better. After I read you here, I did check your positivity threads - you are a loving, spiritual person and I know you are doing everything looking at the bright side of life, like those daffodils! Between you and me, it is when life situations take a toll, that I tend to look more toward nature, some inward and that gives me a perspective to tide over that situation and appreciate the life around me! We cannot become bundles of our situations and let them describe us - like my favorite character says in my favorite superhero series. Oh yes! I love them super heroes! Wish you a speedy recovery Vani! Do take care of yourself. Love!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Thyagarajan and girvani like this.
  3. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Hi there.
    Thank you for the vivid write up.
    I think i am of the hyper variety , with my mind always wandering, always jumping, always hurrying and rushing from one work ( oops rather thought ;) ) to another ( pertaining to mundane/ everyday life situations ;) )
    This snippet ( like many others on this forum) let me just take in a beautiful calm feeling and imagining a charming woman breezing through her day and ,well, lets say, left a lingering thought of looking up to life through this kind of lens. Thanks for the write up and a path to ponder upon for personal growth :).
    Had a peep in today on indusladies after many days and viola , it didn't disappoint :).

Srama likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Afresh,

With a username like that, I am sure you are always looking at things in a new and different way! Welcome to IL and snippets and I am always happy to hear that IL disappoint you! Thank you for your feedback and your lovely words. What you have said is invaluable to me and I am always happy to see that there are others who can see the way I do and may even want to try seeing that way in their own situations. As much as I smiled at your first two sentences with all the emoticons, I could not help but notice that you are aware - aware of your thoughts and their jumparoos. That is always a good place to be for any change to happen. On occasion when I let my thoughts run wild and I actually stop them consciously, the peace that dawns is something I want to hang on to, extending that length of time!

Hope to see more of you, spreading your cheerfulness and happy attitude here on IL!

Afresh likes this.
  5. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Awww.. ..Thanks so much . It just is so beautiful to read your words. :). I am hoping to let the change begin : always Work in progress

Srama likes this.
  6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha

Enjoyed the write-up. Well written. I might be the only one to differ here but aren't the changes in / or results of life situations influence the condition of the life as well? Maybe a small situation is easy to move on but something drastic that turns the life upside down cannot be simply navigated saying it is just a life situation. It takes years and years of work to bounce back to the old self and continue living(a better way). I am not even sure if I am making any sense here. Excuse me if it doesn't.

Like you, I too enjoy watching the red and blue birds on the white snow background hearing them tweet early in the morning and see all those bulbs staring to flower now. after practicing living life in the moment and being open to so much life happening around I have started noticing the positive influence on the people around us too. It is so comforting to see smile on people's face and to hear loving words from their heart. Being in the present and seeing the life happening around us helps not only us from within but also reflects on the people we interact with too. And again I am not sure if I going off the tangent here.

Thyagarajan and Srama like this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Lakshmi,

Thank you for bringing a valid point! You are absolutely right. Some life situations do tend to shape the way our life moves on and should not be discounted at all. What I was trying to say is despite all that we go through we still have to work at not letting these events define us - paying attention to the life happening around us, changes happening us inside of us; being an observer, no matter what situation we are in (and as you rightly pointed even those situations shape our lives) will help us keep perspective and look deeper. In my opinion, you have answered your own question beautifully in the second paragraph!

Thank you for your feedback, enjoyed reading it! In fact in the book I am listening to, Eckhart Tolle goes on to elaborate more on the same subject more eloquently than I can ever do!

jskls and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:As I read the piece in peace I was reminded of ThomasHardy. In his novels he would describe a bit of nature preceding the description of situation in the life of a character’s or the protagonist.
    2. Absolutely beautiful summing up with blooming daffodil and chirping three birds family.
    3. If if y= life & x= situations in life Then shape of the curve y= f(x) and when life situations integrated and summed Up with a CONSTANT DH IT IS ZIGMA OF LIFE.
    4. I read with great interest all the preceding FBs and understand how profoundly they love the scene and the affection that it has lent to you in lovely responses.
    God bless.

Srama likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Thyagarajan Sir,

Thank you for your lovely response and I truly appreciate the time you have taken to read through the thread. Also sorry about my delayed response. I am always amazed at the warmth I receive from every one in their feedbacks - be it responses or likes. Like I have said many a time before, I am glad I have found a forum to pen some thoughts and be appreciated as well.

Truly, thank you for taking time to read and respond.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Glad to read your response to my FB.
    2. Though many love Nature but in their frenetic materialistic-schedule, seldom have time to look and enjoy the cloudless sky above or and the botany in exotic flowers, plants, Creepers and climbers and in early morning lush lawns too juxtaposed with pets like parrots and Pomeranians as you do.
    3. But in your thread you lend that vicarious experience to IL’ites.
    God Bless.

Srama likes this.