1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

That's Your Life's Situation, Not Life!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

Three cheers to those birds it is! I can't wait for the time of the year when I can keep my windows open and sleep and wake up to the chirping of birds through the window! You will absolutely loving taking the pictures especially the blues and reds against the white snow!

Thank you as always for your words of appreciation!

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @radv,

Thank you for your words :)

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear JS Ma'm,

Thank you for your response and affirmation! This too shall pass...I know one other person who lives by it and follows it up with best is yet to come. An elderly ILite, I absolutely adore her and her zest for life!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

A word of appreciation brings joy that again cannot be put to words! Thank you. It reassures me.
    Hope you had a fantastic Shivarathri!

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @SunPa

You are indeed right about the universe! Thank you for stating that - it is always good to remember that! I am glad that my snippet made some difference to you - what else can I ask?

Yes, spring is here and soon and all will be well!

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Syamala,

This here
    is why I love your responses. I catch myself often trying to tell myself to be just an observer. The only thing I have learnt is, there are certain things we need to keep doing - there is never any mastery. I have learnt to appreciate if I do not fall and if I do, to pick myself up and start over again! Fascinating, this journey and this mind and its works!

Thank you as always for your feedback! I could not write if not for responses from my friends here!

Thyagarajan and SunPa like this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

I am glad this person has you for her sounding board. She is lucky! I think that 24 hours pondering is a great idea. Helps see things in a new light and when we slip, it is best to get back to that window again. The I extend it to week, 15 days, a month so on and so forth. At least that is what I try to do and then when my mind plays it's tricks, I try to remind it the calmness it could generate and switch back!

Thank you for your words about me! All I can say is, it is work in progress. Like I mentioned to Syamala, it is always reminding and living. I am indeed blessed to have this ability to be in the moment - of late I notice, these moments leave no impressions and the next moment or a similar incident seems as exciting as the first one. It is fascinating to watch myself!

Thank you V sir as always for your words of appreciation and your feedback!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Meenu,

Always such a pleasure to hear from you! Your enthusiasm rubs off on me too and I feel it is all worth it - these moments, these thoughts and this penning down :) Thank you for encouraging me so much.

Credit goes to Eckhart! Amazing when sometimes right things at the right time can make a difference like we cannot even describe. I am glad you felt the way I did when I heard him speak!

Thank you for these words!
    There should be no other reason to write than to spread this smile and thank you for making me realize that I can help with that smile spread! Like wise to you - I mean love and hugs :)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey Srama, was thinking of you couple of days ago. Went to the library after a long time to pick up some books.

Good snippet. The tulips or daffodils thing happened the other day to me too. : ) And I was also happy to notice that I am noticing life more often even as life's situations keep presenting themselves. Heavier than usual rains have meant that the hills we drive by have remained that perfect green for an extra week. One solitary rose bush decided to bloom way earlier than the rest. Like a kid who goes out in front of the still closed curtains on a stage before the play starts, much to the audience's joyful amusement. That rose is a very pale purple, the color of a crepe saree that we had in our early 20's, and which was coveted by all as it was a very "English" or sophisticated shade. What else... was doing some meal prep today for the week and took time to fill the n small boxes slowly. Was doing it outdoors, and a squirrel scrambling by paused really long, then must have smelled the Indian gravy and scurried away. : )

So, yes, life's situation, not life........

Thyagarajan and Srama like this.
  10. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Sabrina

You certainly bring joy to my life. We had our first daffodil bloomed on 21st of Feb. The moment I show I as all smiles. At that moment I also thought about you On 22nd I fractured my elbow and that taught me so clearly it is a life situation but life will go on. It is going on. Boys are fed so are we. There were very tough days but what got me going is blessings , kindness of many and the positivity instilled in me by my parents and elders. You are right. It is working in progress. Keep us all motivated by your writing Sabitha.

Love
    Vani

Thyagarajan and Srama like this.