1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

That's Your Life's Situation, Not Life!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

As I pull up the driveway, I find myself thinking of the long day with a sigh and I am glad to be home, though mind is still busy with the problems of the day. I have just turned off the audio book as well. Eckhart Tolle has been talking about life and how to live in the moment! As I get out, I hear the chirping in the trees. I know those birds must be somewhere up there, reminding me again spring is here even though all the trees still look bare. I look to the ground and see some plants sprouting. I try to remember if they were tulips or daffodils. Not able to recall, I tell myself that soon I will know! Thinking back about the day, I am surprised with "That's your life situation, not your life" the thought that has popped up. With that, I realize that I have been after all paying attention to the man, despite the stream of thoughts that seemed to have come my way! As I continue to stand on my drive way hugging my jacket closer, listening to the sound nature is making reminding me that, that is life in its full glory I am grateful for the words that have come my way reminding me what's important!

I open the garage door and sigh! The air smells like it is going to snow, the gray clouds promise the same; more snow as predicted. Weather man's prediction or not, sometimes one just feels! Before getting back into the car to tackle another day, I decide to walk out and feel the air. It has already begun to drizzle and the crackling sound as the ice rain falls and melts as soon it touches the ground is both exhilarating and unnerving at the same time and yet I can see life going on, nature doing what it ought to do, reminding me to separate life's situations from life itself!

Another rough day, I come home and the snow is building up slowly. I sit with a cup of coffee and watch the gently falling snow. I sigh! I want to make the day better for me. Just then two birds settle down on to the snow digging deep, finding something looking hither and thither shaking off the snow, reminding me to separate life's situations from life itself! I smile. I am grateful to have an understanding that if I pause enough, I can see life in all it's glory in the birds, the snow, the ready to sprout branches, the bunnies that are braving to come out and of course all the puppies from the neighborhood, playing in the snow, barking, seemingly sending messages to one another!

I feel better. Kids want Chinese take out. As I pick up my food, the friendly person at the check out counter asks me "How is your day going?" I pause thinking about the question, smile and tell him "Actually it is going real well!" He seemed equally surprised at my answer and flashes me a wide smile. As I sign the receipt, I tip him generously hoping I made his day as well, thinking of the two random acts of kindness that had chosen to come my way despite what had seemed like a rough couple of days! Those acts that came my way showed 'life' to me while I was sorting out the seemingly important 'life situations'! Just as I pull in, I have a message from my DH and my car reads what came as "Super hungry :( " as "super hungry, very sad face" making me smile!

As I open the patio door to let my dog out, it is 6.30 in the A.M and am mildly surprised that I can see the daylight already breaking. I can hear in the air the chirping of the birds, asking the world to wake up to the glory of sunrise. I smile, spring is almost here. I head out to my yoga session with my friend. We usually indulge in a good cup of coffee on weekends after yoga and chit chat quite a bit! As we are talking, my friend's attention is drawn to the birds that are coming towards her patio and she realizes that she has not refilled her bird feeder. She hurries out continuing the conversation to refill it - reminding me yet again that what we were talking about was just a life situation while life was happening all around us!

I decide to finish my grocery shopping for the week before going home from yoga. I am not surprised to see lovely display of flowers welcoming spring
    IMG_20190303_194747.jpg reminding me of upload_2019-3-3_22-56-37.png as long we learn to separate our life situations from life! :)

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sabitha, that was one beautiful piece! Can sense your longing for spring to rear its head through the ground in its fullest glory. Your descriptions are so vivid, one is transported across the seas in one's mind. 3 cheers for those birds. Wish I could be there to see them and capture them in my camera. I love Snoopy's advice. So true.

Thyagarajan and Srama like this.
  3. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

Your so very vivid write up touched my heart. Kudos
    Keep it up.

4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

A great piece Madam! Distinguishing life from life situations! Even though we know of it, if something goes wrong we feel that our entire
    life may become complicated. A great lesson from nature'This also shall pass'.
    Jayasala 42

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A snippet of beauty is a joy for ever!

6. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

The universe send us this constant reminder as we fall off the track and confuse the two - life and life situations.

For me, today , it was this beautiful beautiful snippet up from you .
    Have a lovely spring :)

7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabita,
    Small small incidents in day to day life which upset or make us happier. We think that is whole life, upside down or jumping with joy.Joy is ok for pleasant things like watching a beautiful bird or flower or snow flakes or even a small lively chat. We feel good.But over some trivial little little disturbances we are panicky and feel whole life is upside down. When that situation passes away we ourselves think...How silly I was! that is not whole life! For e.g if some family member comes home late, not available on mobile also we imagine so many weird things!
    As a whole life is full of these ups and downs.Not the whole life! We should filter situations from life.
    So, waiting for spring which is around corner.Beautiful flowers....cheer us at anytime. This year you had a very bad winter. No wonder you are waiting for spring!
    Syamala

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,

Your snippet couldn't be more timely than this! I had a chance to discuss with 32 year old woman who I consider as my daughter. She is very well educated and works for a University. However, She is very sensitive and couldn't handle when people do anything behind her back which is becoming a common practice for a handful nowadays. :( I told her exactly the same asking her to separate life situations from life itself.

When she called me over the weekend she was in terrible shape and I asked her three questions and asked her to ponder over that for 24 hours:

1) If your mind is independent and not influenced by anyone, how can it be hurt by anyone's words?
    2) Do you become less or more vulnerable to the dictates of another mind by withdrawing into a shell?
    3) Happiness is the natural state of your being, why should you change that status with your mind?

After 24 hours, she said she is able to differentiate life situations from life. :)

Coming back to your snippet, for someone like you, it comes naturally to differentiate life situations from life. No one can destabilize your ever happy mindset that assist your natural being. Your staying in the present helps you overcome any situation. I know how much you love Spring and every time when the clock changes by an hour in March, I think of you.

Enjoy the Sunshine and have fun!

Viswa

9. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Sabitha :),

Only you can spin magic with words and come up with snippets like this. You made my day!! Just loved it...can’t think of anything better to start my morning with :thumbsup:.

Life situation and not life itself - you had me there Sabitha. So true isn’t it...if only we pause to separate them both. As much as I believe and tread my life in a positive way and go with the flow, this statement makes it more meaningful. This quote of Confucius crosses my mind - ‘We all have two lives, the second one starts when we know we have only one ‘.

You made me smile, made me happy, made me love my life even more now Sabitha. Love and hugs to you. :thumbup:

10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

I used to think we have two lives.... One which we want to live and other one is which we actually live.
    Syamala

Scorpio707 and satchitananda like this.