1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

That’s Grocery Shopping Now....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by AkilaMani, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

well my grocery shopping is a weekend trip with my DH .In my youth mom used to send me to a nearby kiraanaa merchant ,I lugged the provisions home too.your daughter is quite smart advising you ,i am sure you already know it.
    vijji

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Akila,
    In the place i grew up, going to grocery shopping is a low class activity.I dont remember my dad taking us for grocery shopping.Only maids or servants go until we had door delivery which is before few days.
    When he visited us in London,we took him to various supermarkets for grocery shopping.He had expressed his concern to my mom that "my daughter is suffering a lot by pushing the cart and going for grocery shopping every week in an alien country"..Thats something i felt how this normal activity affected my dad..thats it,times are changing..
    i recite the list to my son and he reminds me if i miss something in the list..

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Akila

Your daughter is very smart and now a days kids know everything.
    In our days at her age we never knew about all these things.

We also used to go and buy the things from the shop. Sometimes my father used to get the provisions from the shop.

Now the latest since only me and my husband are there we buy itourselves when it is needed. He does not believe in going to mals etc.

Good post.

love
    viji

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Supriya,
    Thanks for visiting and your comments. yes, times have changed, and we have to change with it....

5. AkilaMani

Hi Prem S,
    Thanks for visiting and you comments.
    yes, even our grocery store man gave us small gifts, but it used to be a milkbikes pack :)

6. AkilaMani

Dear vijji,
    Thanks for visiting and for such lovely comments.
    It is an ultimate compliment for any mother, to hear that their kid is smart :)

7. AkilaMani

Dear Viji,
    Thanks for your fb.... isn't it true, children now are very smart and more aware of things. I sometimes feel that they are not quite as dreamy as I used to be.... but then sometimes she tops my dreamy days by telling me that she would fly if only she grew wings :)

8. easycrafts

easycrafts New IL'ite

My mom also used to give the list to the local provision shop and he used to deliver it at home..the same procedure of checking it would follow and then transfering the items to the respective boxes would follow..But from the time I got married I have been visiting the supermarket for monthly provisions..Thank god they deliver it at home for me too

9. AkilaMani

Hi easycrafts,

thanks for visiting and the comments..... yes, home delivery system is the best :)

10. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Hi Akila,

Whenever I think of grocery shopping, the name which comes to mind is Big Bazaar.. I enjoy going there.. The same grocery shopping from Pansari is now turned to a fun -filled , enjoyable experience... Nice post..