1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thareedhu...pareedhu...kareedhu...mareedhu...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by susri, Feb 24, 2010.

1. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamala,
    Excited to see your comments. Thanks for your FB dear. Yes, some tamil words are similar to telugu words.... that's the main reason, I am able to manage the language ( telugu ).
    But adding 'U' to English words is really funny...:biglaugh

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

susri,
    :bowdownto your mom and the teacher in her.
    Sathya's translation gave some insight into the meaning of those words...still wondering what 'kareedhu' stands for..:spin

sriniketan

3. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Radhika,
    Thanks for your appreciation dear. :thumbsup

4. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,
    Thanks for your nice FB. Good idea to use sanskrit case endings..... which sometimes click and can help us to get marks. Very funny your "skweesathi" and "plakthwa" sanskrit words. :)

5. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Sri,
    Thanks for peeping here. Kareedhu ... may be Kaduppaa keethu ( pakka madras language for kovam varudhu ) :rotfl

6. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Helluuuu Susri,

At first I thought this is in Tamil so I wouldn't understand it but I understood it alright. Isn't it the case with almost all of us, at some point or other we have written some crazy things or have come across people who have told something to the teacher which will crack anyone up..

Wonderful to know that your mom was a teacher and nice of her to give the student pass marks. I love teaching in fact I had given Tuitions in India to BCOM students. Someday I wish I will take up teaching as my profession.

It was lovely to read your thread and get to know a little bit of your mom. :)

Jaya

7. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear GJ,
    Teaching is a honourable profession. All the best , if you choose to do the same. Thanks for your appreciation ...... will convey this to my mom. :).

8. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Susri dear,
    :rotflWhat a funny post! I wish i were that student:biglaugh.She is quite innovative in answering questions.Enjoyed your write up.

9. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Hi Meera,

Remembered one such incidence when we were in school. We had a friend Tanzeem who was very bad in kannada. Kannada exams was a nightmare for him. Once after one such monthly test, one morning we saw our kannada madam with a big red face in our class room. She was having one kannada answer sheet. It was Tanzeem's. She asked him to read out the answers. It was funny and meaningless. Later he told the whole class that he had copied the whole question paper but in reverse.

We could not control our laughter when our kannada madam told that she had to go through his whole answer sheet to see if he had atleast written one single answer. What a punishment for her!!!

10. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Thanks vijji dear. By this time, hope you must have learned tamil well but you would have not heard such a peculiar tamil words is'nt it ? :biglaugh. Thanks for your FB dear. :)