1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thareedhu...pareedhu...kareedhu...mareedhu...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by susri, Feb 24, 2010.

1. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

dear susri

i was just wondering
    what language this...??
    maybe im just bad at languages...!!
    and then it is just an answer sheet

thareedhu may be theriyaathu
    pareedhu may be puriyaathu
    kareedhu...enakkum thareedhu...??
    mareedhu may be marathee..

your mom sure is great..
    the students are really great
    in spite of their ignorance
    they do make the boring
    correction session
    a pretty enjoyable one

sathya

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  2. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Sai,
    Yes, it was a real time pass for me . But you know, if I laugh, my mom will :rantat me. She does'nt like making fun out of others. Thanks for your FB dear.

3. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Sathya,
    You......... really great yaar. :biglaugh. You have given a great translation for those peculiar words. Can include this in dictionary ??????? :rotfl. Thanks for your funny feedback. :)

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

OMG! that was hilarious Susri ma......It just reminds me of my school days too. OK please dont think that I did something similar too....but I know of people who did similar stuff... :). This reminds me of what my hubby told me once. He studied in Hindi medium school and he is an ardent anti-lover of Hindi. Can't stand the language at any cost. Aetho oru examile he had to write that somebody got married or something like that in hindi and he had forgotten the key hindi word for marraige. So he wrote " Uska kalyaan ho gaya!!!"

5. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Hi jaya,
    Thanks for your sweet reply. Many students use sanskrit words or their own mother tongue inbetween the other language. Something is better than nothing. They can get marks too... to some extend.

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Susri,

That was a good one.I read in teh papers, one fellow stuck a 10 ruppee note inside the paper, another girls said, my mother makes me do sweeping in the house and i dont get tht time to study, if u fail me, she will get me married tot he rickshawpuller who lives close by.:biglaugh

Regards

kamal

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Susri,

A nice post and a good insight into the hilarious life of a language teacher!!

Well, I must say the words are still baffling me and hence enakku pureedhu...puriyadhu!!

My daughter conveniently adds the 'u' sound to her English and pretends she has talked in Telugu..."I wantu eatu" !!!:)

L, Kamla

8. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear susri,

enjoyed the write up very much. Even i was wondering, when i saw the title, whether it is some "Sayings, or some shlokas :rotflwhich was something very unique and new to me.

Salute to your mother, who understood the real meaning of teacher and taught that girl.

9. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Susri Baby !
    The title almost made me chicken out thinking the post was in some unknown dialect !

The gems that turn up on answer sheets ! LOL ! But your Mom is a great teacher. Wonderful to learn that she took it up as a challenge and taught that Thareedu pareedu girl.

In school, where Sanskrit was ancillary ( 50 marks only), we'd often cheat by using Kannada , hindi or sometimes English words too, with Sanskrit case endings to write compostions. I still remember the words, "skweesathi" for squeezed and "plakthwa" for plucked.

10. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    Thanks for your comments. It's all happening even now. Poor girls, if they fail to study well, they are forced to marry .
    The fellow who struck Rs.10 would have become a great politician now. :biglaugh