1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thareedhu...pareedhu...kareedhu...mareedhu...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by susri, Feb 24, 2010.

1. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

My mom is a retired Tamil teacher. For teachers, examination time is always hectic. After examinations are over, it’s a jolly time for children. But it’s a headache for teachers. Especially correcting the answer sheets is really not an interesting job. On those days, I use to help my mom for totaling the marks and arranging the papers.
    Some peculiar answer sheets would be there always, Like:

* "Madam if you don't give me pass mark , I will commit suicide ":shaking:
    * " I know god will help me to get pass mark " :roll:
    * Question paper will be copied in the answer sheet, that too, with lot of spelling mistakes, without a single answer. :bonk

It was the 1<SUP>st mid term answer sheet of 6th class student, Miss. Azhagi.
    " Thareeethu... Parreeedhu...Karreeedhu...Marreeethu...Larreeedhu...":hide:
    The whole answer sheet was full of these peculiar words..... :confused2:
    Any guesses what does it means?

It’s very simple. Azhagi is not a tamilian & it is a new language for her. She doesn't know the answers for the questions, so just scribbled something ...... and the answer was...." Thar..Parr...karr...marr".:bang

OMG.... we all laugh at that paper. :biglaugh But my Mom didn't. She is good in pedagogy. Mom took that as a challenge and gave her extra coaching class and at the Annual examination, that girl scored 35% , pass mark, which was excellent.

We (sisters) still remember those memories as clear as day.
    Even now my little sister (very naughty) uses to send me mgs..... Thareedhu...Parreeedhu...Karreeedhu... when she is in :boo: mood. :rotfl
    </SUP>

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I had a hearty laugh reading your write up. I was thinking which language this is or you also want to write a post like Nats who has written a poem ending with tion.

Oh your mother was a teacher thats why u also seem to be a good teacher and also good in puzzles. I have heard some children writing something else instead of the answers when theyd ont know the answers. Like someone said some student wrote God, God in the answer paper.

Good to know that your mother took as a challenge and taught the student tamil and made her get 35%. Your mother is really great. So this shows you are also a great daughter of a great teacher.

love
    viji

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Susri,
    What a relief!!!When I read the title my head beganto roll:spin!! I feel so inferior not knowing the meaning of the words . After reading your post I had a hearty life:biglaugh. Yes these kinds of answers used to come in the answer sheet. Kudos to the courage of that student who had scribbled this without caring for the after effect:)
    I recollected one of my friends who wrote in her answer paper for translating to hindi; She wrote " Kappal parai me modhi toottoot gaya"!
    The teacher gave her 1/2 mark because she knew the hindi word " toot"Your mother did a wonderful job in taking efforts and make her pass. I salute her.
    with love
    pad

4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Very interesting to read Meera........hahahaha........
    Actually am laughing and remembering my Tamizh classes.
    Used to be very poor in grammar since studied till 12th in CBSE.......so you know the levels !!
    In college, I just used to look with a blank face when the 4 tamizh lecturers teach....somehow used to pass and get away and making it up in other subjects !!

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi susri,

a good one :) my grandfather was a math teacher and had to do the corrections for state board.my mother used to help him like you for totaling and she used to tell us funny stories of the comments that students used to write.

niceof your mother to take the trouble and help the poor girl out.

PADDY
    ... was :rotfl at the hindi and that she was given half mark for that.

6. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    Thanks for your first FB. Yes, my mom is a good teacher. Her teaching will be facile. But, she is also very strict. :)

7. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Pad,
    Thanks for your lovely comments. What a great hindi translation by your friend. Good, atleast, she have tried.....:). Thanks for your appreciation and will convey this to my Mom. :thumbsup

8. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Hello Meera,
    after reading your post, i had a hearty laugh....i had also same <meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <title></title> <meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.1 (Linux)"> <style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --></style>[FONT=DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]experience[/FONT] like you..because my mother was a class teacher in the school & corrected all the paper..

9. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Sudha ,
    Thanks for your nice feedback. The reason , we are learning the language is mainly to communicate. And then comes the grammer part.

10. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Mindi,
    Its always funny to read others mistake. Who knows , what mistake I am doing.........:biglaugh. Thanks for you feedback dear.