Thanksgiving Day Special Contest - Who would you like to thank? - Nov 2011

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Thank god after you it’s them

I don’t want to shave my head and cried. They consoled me saying that “you are going to have thick and nice hair that’s why we will give this to god” and I stopped crying thinking that one fine day I will have nice thick and long hair. As I grew with age I learnt a lot from them. My very first crochet work to my rangoli. I made all the mistakes only to find out that she is there to rectify. When being naughty and the other moment realized that he is there to give me those warm arms only to protect me from her beatings. When girls grow long hair and she chopped it only for those unwanted lice don’t know from where they use to come and make their house/building/palace and poor me had to suffer. Many things where I would ask them questions and they would feel embarrass but they had guts to answer my questions. Today I would like to thank my heavenly father for all those love which I have longed for. Though you have stayed with me for a very small period of time I saw lord shiva in you and parvathi in my mother. I would like to thank god from the bottom of my heart and would like to say “Thank god, after you its them”

My entry for the contest

2 people like this.
  2. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Re: Thanksgiving: A Healing Process!

Thank you Narra.:)

3. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

Thanks!
    A single word which portraits our feeling of getting a huge satisfaction that we received from someone's act as a token of love & affection!
    In life there are many who stay as a cause for our major happiness!
    For sake our parents, they really are the main cause for our happiness life. The dreams that they possess in bringing us up in life make us to come out in flying colors!

Being an engineer now I am really proud to say that I am one among who like to thank them .

Basically having my background from a poor family it is all because of my father who put all his hard work for his daughters to shine as an educated people in today’s society.

And my mother showing us she is not less to him in sacrifices won’t let us to do even a single work at home. Just all that she says is “first take care of your studies my dear, and I am here to take care of you”

Feels like hugging them tight! Thanks be not a right word to say them but which our hearts feels like saying to them for each and every single sacrifices they do for us and all that dreams and trust they have on us .

Feel like Thanking them whole heartedly for everything they have done on this thanksgiving occasion which we can’t say in front of them “Thanks ma and Thanks pa love you both!”

5 people like this.
  4. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Who would you like to thank..........? What a lovely , thought provoking and apt question ......!

Thank you very much for this beautiful topic.......

Gratitude is something that is essential to everybody......

Gratitude enriches a person....

My thanks are .....

To the Almighty God.....for giving me a gem of a family , good health and happiness.....Thankyou God!!!

To my dear dear daddy......who is the vital force for my life.................................Thankyou Daddy!!!

I lost my mother at the tender age of 8....

My dad .....he is my mother,father,friend,philosopher and guide.......he taught me all the virtues of life by example......I can proudly say that I am never jealous and I never compare myself / my spouse/ my kid with others..

T
    hank you Daddy for instilling these noble qualities in me at the tender age!!!

My dad never let me feel lonely ...he made me enjoy my academics,art,music,philately.....and encouraged and supported me to give my best in everything I did......without worrying about the position/prize/laurels.

Thank you Daddy for keeping me active and not letting me to brood!!!

My dad never let me bask in praises........He made sure that I was grounded at times of triumph.

Thank you Daddy for making me aware that pride will have a fall!
    !!

My dad gave me good exposure to good books.......

Thank you Daddy , for introducing books ......my life-long buddies!!!

Cute dresses,shoes, Goodies,cosmetics.......what not to make me feel like a pampered princess......

Thankyou Daddy.....for giving me good color sense and letting me learn to choose what would complement my personality!!!!

My dad is my best friend........we talk about everything under the sun........my insecurities and worries,proposals,crushes in teens......,hosting a party..., family problems......, parenting ......

Thankyou Daddy , you are there for me to talk to and solve problems.....!!!

My Grandparents......who made my childhood very happy and cherishable with their loving stories ....

Thankyou Paatti and Thaathaa!!!

My Teachers....they moulded and shaped me....

Thankyou Teachers!!!!

To my DH, for being supportive and caring......

Thankyou dear!!!!

To my DS, though small....for being very co-operative and enthusiastic in learning.....and being such a sweet, caring and responsible child at this tender age.....

Thankyou Kanna!!!

To my friends.........for being there for me all through ......giving their support and love when in trouble and brightening my days....

Thankyou Friends!!!!

To all lovely friends here at IL......I am quite new here but, right from the first day...the warm welcome by Aruna ma'am....,The encouraging feedback by all lovely friends......,

Thankyou dear virtual friends of IL!!!!!

To IL , the wonderful site and the support team which helped me out of a messy situation.....I, by mistake had deleted all my attachments....the IL Admin team....helped me out by re-posting them........

Thankyou IL!!!!
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  5. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Who would you like to thank? What a wonderful opportunity to thank.

As everybody else first I would like to thank God for the wonderful life he has given me and for the wonderful family - Parents and brothers, Husband, kids and in-laws for their sacrifices, lovely childhood memories, unconditional love, support and confidence in me. They are all boons given by almighty.

Special thanks to my mom who taught me, only to absorb the goodness from around us like “anna pakshi” which drinks only the milk, separating it from water.

Thanks will not be just enough and I pray God to give me enough moral strength and physical ability to show my gratitude to all of them.

Apart from family members, there are also few other persons whom I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart through this forum / thread who had helped me knowingly or unknowingly to come over my depressions, to reconcile, to learn and enjoy each and every moment.

1. My friend Rajalakshmi- Like most of us I also had teething problems of newlyweds 17 years before. One of my friends Raji who got married two years before me had come from US and I was talking to her the problems I was facing as my husband was working in Mumbai and I was living with in-laws at Chennai. At that time she uttered these magical words “These are all package of marriage". On that night I was rewinding this sentence several times in my mind, went on manipulating it and ended up saying myself that to have a smooth married life I have to accept the package as it is. Slowly I was getting transformed from being an adorable daughter to responsible daughter-in- law. Recently when I met her, I told her that her sentence made a change in my attitude but she didn't remember it.

2. Mrs.Prathiba - After 1 1/2 years of marriage we went to US and I was on H4. I had an Indian couple who helped us to get the apartment living in the same building. I spent most of the time with Mrs. Prathiba and she being senior encouraged me in lot many ways. I used to feel very depressed as my DH used to have long working hours. At that time there was no cell phones, internet etc. to keep in touch. She used to take me for a walk and talk to me a lot about married life, the experiences she had etc. From her I learnt to host a dinner, arranging the delicacies on the table, etiquettes, how to get culturally adjusted etc. etc. Now thanks to Facebook I searched her and she is in my friends list now.

3. The serial Chithi - We came back to India in 2000. At that time in television, mega serials were coming up. My mil used to watch the serial Chithi. Though I hate watching serials as it kills my time, I was hearing the dialogues unintentionally. In that serial, the character played by veteran actor Sivakumar will be repeatedly saying “Idhuvum kadandhu pogum" meaning "Even this will pass away". Though at that time it didn't make much sense to me, later on whenever I faced some situations these magical words keep flashing in my mind. It gives me courage to overcome, even now. This controls my anxiety. It keeps my mind calm. It re-assures me that there is always a solution to any problem.

4. Few more also added colors to my life. Thanks to all of them.

5. Last but not least I thank Indusladies for the opportunity provided to thank. Thank you all virtual friends for your encouraging feedbacks to my every thread. This site helps me to keep away my loneliness after I left my job and motivates to pick up my old hobbies and streamline it.

With thanks
    Manjukps

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  6. keerthigasuresh

keerthigasuresh New IL'ite

regarding thanksgiving day-who would u like to thanks-nov 11

hi admin

Life is precious, relationships are gold.in my life i would like to thank my uncle who's my mom's sister's husband.he is the man of example that how a man should live the life. From my birth till now he is the person who will help my family in all the difficult times. Not only my family all our relatives who ask help he will do it without any hesitations. simple example i have more misunderstandings wit my husband & inlaws lead to a great issue. he is the person who advised & taught how to adjust the family. now somewhat i understood my husband & inlaws & living a good life. This may be a simple reason for you people but the pain can be understood only when we experienced it. In my life i should say Hats off to my uncle:hatsoff

7. TomAndJerry

TomAndJerry Bronze IL'ite

My dear IndusLadies,
    As always you break the ice and give us an opportunity to share those unspoken words.
    Yes its true every since we are born and till we say adieu to this world, each and every person, every situation, living and non living entities help us in different ways. I would like to thank each one of them. But definitely I would like to specially thank few people who love me so much so that I will never doubt their love.
    One is my close friend Ms.A whom I met during my college days. It’s almost 15 years since then. She went abroad to continue her studies, I went to other part of India. She stayed in the foreign country for almost a decade and came back to India recently. But our friendship, love and concern for each other is growing day by day. Both of us got married, had kids, but nevertheless she still has all the same eagerness to talk to me, she is always there for me whenever I am feeling down. Nobody else in my life has ever bought me so many gifts as much as she has bought. Sometimes I feel like she pampers me like a kid.
    Next I would like to thank my dear most husband, who loved me and married me not bothering about caste, creed, looks and age. He cares for me, loves me and was my friend before marriage and is still my friend even after six years of marriage. If I go on telling why I should thank him, I would exceed thousand words. Am afraid kisi ki nazar lag jaayegi.  Joking.
    Last but not the least, I would thank my angel daughter. I get tears in my eyes often looking at her innocent love for me. When a child is born a mother is born they say. But really my daughter made me realize children are nothing but the god himself. So godly, so lovely, so loving, so caring. Blessed am I that god gave me such a precious gift.
    Thank you all for reading this, for making me feel you people are always there to listen to me.
    Love you.

2 people like this.
  8. TomAndJerry

TomAndJerry Bronze IL'ite

3. The serial Chithi - We came back to India in 2000. At that time in television, mega serials were coming up. My mil used to watch the serial Chithi. Though I hate watching serials as it kills my time, I was hearing the dialogues unintentionally. In that serial, the character played by veteran actor Sivakumar will be repeatedly saying “Idhuvum kadandhu pogum" meaning "Even this will pass away". Though at that time it didn't make much sense to me, later on whenever I faced some situations these magical words keep flashing in my mind. It gives me courage to overcome, even now. This controls my anxiety. It keeps my mind calm. It re-assures me that there is always a solution to any problem.

i will remember this hence forth... 'this will pass by'

1 person likes this.
  9. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

THANKS!!!!

SIX LETTER WORD AND IT MEANS A LOT TO ME!!!!

but we are so dumb to express our thankness to our parents and hubby!!!

FIRST,my mom.."God cannot be everywhere so god created Mother"is a true words...Only creature who thinlks only about our happiness"....Im blessed to have a sweet and nice mom..

and my dad..he is just my friend more than my dad...when i started loving my friend,my dad is the first person i shared with...i never told my gratitude to them now i take this chance to tell them,"i mean them alot"

MY HUBBY:He had played all roles for me...

introduced as stranger,understood me as friend,well wisher in my activites,care taker like mom,adviser like my dad,cute fighter like my brother,small baby in crying when i leaves him even a minutes...

AND LAST AND LEAST THANKS TO IALMIGHTY GOD,WHO GAVE ME THEM IN MY LIFE.....

One thank giving never enough to express my thanks to them!!!

Till im alive,each day im gratitude to them!!!

10. ideal

ideal New IL'ite

In this cat race of life wherein we are mechanically following certain actions day in and day out be it with respect to role as a mother,daughter,son,father,friend employee employer etc etc without even thinking where we are going to end up.
    Where we are complicating our lives as we are growing up getting into the unkown circles of love , hatred, lust , anger etc soemtimes comitting mistakes and sometimes winning over knowingly n unknowingly .
    I would not only love to thank but yearn to get back to my "CHILDHOOD".Thank you oh" childhood" where you made me see this world all together so differently.

So pleasant, full of love, so magical mistic and full of goodness. Not that i cant find the same now as a grown up but cause that innocence which was in me then will never return .

The openess you gave me to invite imbibe and accept the changes, the strenght and courage to experiment,learn,correct myself without any thought of being laughed at.For making me dream something , can hardly remember having preconcived ideas and notions about people and life at that time.Can hardly remember any big hassels that i faced then ,getting a bigger portion of icecream ,writing homework without any mistakes and getting candy at the end of hard days work ,praise from parents was all that mattered..

Alas how the things have changed now can i take challange , win and defeat be it any good or bad with same stride now... its still a big mystery for me..

So thanks childhood for making me me...and giving me the strenght to face the situations of this day by just remembering you once and getting back some of that innocence and strength to accept imbibe and change as and when required with mind of a 3 year old..Never ever let me forget you no matter how old i get!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.