1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks to Rita (Soap Nut) and Shikakai for my Lovely Hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by divshiri87, Oct 15, 2015.

1. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

From childhood days i used to use shampoos but it made my hair so bad. I had problems like split ends, dandruff and slow hair growth. But now i stopped using shampoos. Yes, i am not using shampoos.
    I am washing my hair with rita and shikakai. Before night i soak both in water and boil the same in the morning to half of its quantity and then wash the hair. I don't use conditioner after that and still i am managing my hair. My hair is so soft and silky. Unbelievable right!
    And one more thing, here i am getting rita powder and shikakai powder. This will help me if i forget to soak rita and shikakai before night. Needless to say, its amazing. Better than all shampoos available in market.
    And time taken to wash our hair with shampoo or these natural items are same. So i feel all can try. I mean who is working and won't have much time can try this. I mean rita and shikakai in powdered form. In any of above methods, i am not using conditioner but still my hair is so good.
    If anyone want to use conditioner, better use coconut milk as conditioner.
    Don't use first milk of grated coconut. Better use 2nd milk as first will be very oily.

1 person likes this.

2. gankita

gankita Silver IL'ite

Can you pls share more details.
    which brand of rita and shikakai? quantity etc
    Does it make lather like shampoo and removes dirt?

good to know.

3. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Actually rita and shikakai powder brand is aloewell's which i get here in hyderabad, india. About rita and shikakai which will be in dried form, i can get in any ayurvedic shops.
    As for quantity, i mix both powders in equal quantities. Will get lather while washing but not as much as shampoo. Before night of your bath, apply oil to you hair. don't add too much oil. Yes, it removes dirt and keep natural oil of hair. So hair won't be frizzy and can be managed easily.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Is shikaikai difficult to remove when we use for hair wash. Thats why I am not using it

5. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Does this control excessive hair fall. I was using shikakai powder only till my college days when i had really very thick and long hair. After that i changed to shampoo one day don't remember why..... but after few years hair fall started and after my delivery i have excessive hair fall now even after two years it has not stopped.

6. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Nope... Not very difficult to remove.. Actually it cleanse your hair well without much hairfall.

7. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

You can start using again as it reduces hairfall. You cannot expect less hairfall on first day but gradually you will understand that you are not loosing much hair while washing.
    I am using this shikakai and rita powder from past 4-5 months. In the beginning i didnt see much difference but gradually i could see it. To be precise, i am not loosing more than 20 strands of hair in one wash. And i am not using any conditioner too.I suggest you to stop using shampoo and start using natural things which we used to use when we were small.

1 person likes this.
  8. itzmelvk

itzmelvk Silver IL'ite

Any idea where can we buy them in USA

9. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Thank you divshiri87, i would change to shikakai from my next wash.

10. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

I am sorry but i have no idea where to get in USA. Pls check with USA group here in IL.