1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thalaivi Movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by KashmirFlower, Oct 22, 2021.

1. balakrish

balakrish Platinum IL'ite

IMO this statement seems very harsh to me.

You have borrowed JJ's words that she dependent on her mother first, then MGR and then sasi for emotional support. I think its unfair to say people should do it all without any emotional support. How many can claim to live a life like Jaya even with much more solid emotional support. The support she got was a very personal one, I don't think one can tie her EQ with this.

stayblessed likes this.
  2. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Nothing
    Nothing Harsh in it. It's not demeaning.
    Many people exist like that in this world.
    When did I say people should do it all by themselves.?

balakrish and stayblessed like this.
  3. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

I also feel like her eq was low. Everyone needs emotional support. But jaya relied too much on sasi which led to her huge downfall. Our emotional dependence should not be too much so as to their exploitation of us. She cut of sasi in the middle and then went back to her again. Why? That was her biggest mistake. We all need emotional support. But we should choose the right person and dependence should not go to the extent of obsession. Even mgr, he was twice her age. He used her and any one can see that. Why did she not? I don't have qualms in people marrying or getting involved with older people. But that should be the choice of both and out of love not out of one person's desire. Having said that I only pity her. She had a difficult life and her choices had to be made in difficult times. So Ella time layum namma intelligence use panna mudiyadhu. That's why many people make mistakes which they regret later.

balakrish and chanchitra like this.
  4. balakrish

balakrish Platinum IL'ite

That is vulnerability you are talking about and not EQ, two very different things, IMO.

stayblessed likes this.
  5. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

If her EQ had affected her alone then it would not have been a problem, she and Sasi swindled the whole of Tamil Nadu, and using EQ as an excuse for her corruption is not acceptable.

Agathinai and chanchitra like this.
  6. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

@Minion i request you to read my earlier posts and also the one you quoted once properly. May be you will undertand better. To give you a clear picture I didnt justify the corruption. Here I was talking about how she was affected by her low eq. I said it in a different context. Corruption cases, her other mistakes along with her achievements should have been part of the movie is my take and that was my first reply in the thread. The particular one you quoted was a reply to a poster where we were discussing about her eq and how if affected her on a personal level.

chanchitra likes this.
  7. chanchitra

no one is doing it here

8. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Having said that I only pity her. She had a difficult life andher choices had to be made in difficult times. So Ella time layum namma intelligence use panna mudiyadhu.

You are supporting all her actions by saying that she made decisions based on her circumstances, to me she is absolutely not a leader she is a power hungry thief who destroyed TN

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  9. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Yayyyyy Minion got another thread to bash India, this time TN in particular:cheer:

@Minion can you name one indian leader who is not corrupt? Now don't read in between the lines n say by asking this question I'm supporting Jaya's corruption. I'm not supporting.
    I'm genuinely interested to know the answer from you for the question

Mistt and chanchitra like this.
  10. chanchitra

:roflmao:

Mistt and Anusha2917 like this.