1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thalaivi Movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by KashmirFlower, Oct 22, 2021.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Wow..I was his crazy fan those days! He would have looked gorgeous in person I feel..lucky you!

candidheart and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I just felt like was she happy with her life while watching the video? I liked her way of talk, her grace and her singing too. I like Simi Garewal's celebrity talk show of "Rendezvous with Simi Garewal".

3. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Bhaskar Oru Rascal is Arvind Swamy's masala movie.

4. balakrish

balakrish Platinum IL'ite

What is incredible to me is that this movie got released. The movie had names like Jaya, Karuna, MGR etc and there were portions which were directly damaging the DMK party and lifting up ADMK.

A round of applause to Stalin for not getting threatened by the movie and letting the audience get a glimpse of Jaya's life.

The interview which I am seeing for the first time highly complimented the movie.

I can understand Jaya that she never wanted to do any of the things she took up. I think everyone admired Jaya for her courage irrespective of party affiliations. I wonder how the life of people might have bettered if Jaya had really embraced her political career ( and if she was protected a bit from all the harshness she had to go through ).

She might have done rights and wrongs, but she stands tall for taking life head front and succeeding where she wished to. If she was alive today, I think she will still be making a difference.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    Anusha2917, KashmirFlower and Mistt like this.
  5. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

True. The movie shows karunanidhi and DMK as corrupt. Stalin could have easily stopped the release of movie, but chose not to do.
    MGR and jayalalitha were equally corrupt, which the movie chose to hide.

KashmirFlower and stayblessed like this.
  6. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Saw the movie. I didnt like it. It didn't do justice to who the person JJ was. I have never liked DMK or ADMK. Both the parties have only swindled TN. But I like JJ for her immense strength she showed during adversities. No woman of her power has been shamed the way she was. I have always felt fate played a cruel role in her life. She was never allowed to follow what she was good at. The ones she landed in didn't make her life easy. Though she was reluctant to enter politics, she couldn't quit it because it would only mean to again land in the cruel hands of many men. She needed power especially after mgrs death since she was alone. The movie showed as if she was bold from the start which is not true. People and circumstances made her the way she became. The movie dwelled on the love track between mgr and her for the most part and didn't cover the important things. They just stopped till the first time swearing in as the chief minister. The ups and downs she faced after that should have been the main part of the biopic. The corruptions, her friendship with sasi, wrong moves, karunanidhis planned target against her, astrology belief, amma unavagam, thottil kuzhandhai thittam, luxury wedding, jayendhirar rift and her mysterious death none of which was present and hence this film can't be claimed as a biopic. It was a convenient movie. Kangana was a wrong choice but the way it is made any other actress would have made no difference. Aravind swamy was the only saving grace.

Her life is a classic example of the term Soozhnilai kaidhi.

7. balakrish

balakrish Platinum IL'ite

Neenga solradhu, I want the truth, entire truth, nothing but the truth appdi ndra madhiri irukku :)

Indha padam velila vandhadhe achiriyam. Neenga kekura padam velila vara chance irukkadhu nu nenaikkiren

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    Mistt, Anusha2917 and stayblessed like this.
  8. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Why take a biopic when you can only show convenient things and can't do even half justice to who the person the movie is based on. Andha guts illena gammunu irukkanum. I also know they can't show everything but they should have touched the important events otherwise eppidi idha biopic nu solla mudiyum. Somehow indha movie la neraya mgr dhan irundharu than jayalalitha. May be my expectations were high and hence the disappointment :blush:

Mistt and balakrish like this.
  9. chanchitra

this can be done as THALAIVI 2.
    but may never happen due to its repurcussions

Anusha2917, stayblessed and balakrish like this.
  10. chanchitra

Also, jayalalitha had high IQ, but low EQ.
    She always had to be emotionally dependent on someone
    Her mom, then MGR, then sasikala.
    That's why jayalalitha chose to ignore all the corruption done by sasikala.

Mistt, Anusha2917 and stayblessed like this.