Thóppu Kārănām

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Thyagarajan, May 31, 2022.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thoppu kārănām
    தோப்புக்கரணம்​
    It is a form of yoga and done correctly would exercise all limbs and muscles. Beneficial more to head and temple region. The knocks on sides of temples sure to act a la acupuncture as trigger to activate nodes that are in communication with left & right hemisphere of the brain.
    Hindus especially orthodox begins their pooja with this exercise simultaneously chanting prayer to Lord Vinayaka aka Ganesha.

My dad as soon as he finishes with morning debts, would apply sacred ash generously on his forehead and begin this thoppukaranam with prayer to Lord Ganesh followed by chanting and sandhyavandanam.

Naughty students in my school days in class-rooms often gets punished with performing this exercise thoppukaranam. It used to be 108
    times.
    It is performed hugely more number of times before annual exams at temples .

Here in video below a doctor explains benefit of doing thoppu karanam to a man in Europe.

vidhyalakshmid and maalti like this.

2. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Yes, it is really super brain yoga. When we were young, we were not aware of the benefits of doing thoppukaranam. Now the western world markets it. I do at least 3 everyday while praying.