1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Terrified!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Apr 3, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Suchitra is a lovely looking timid girl in mid-twenties. She had an angel like face, resembling those old goddess portraits. She went for a job to support her ailing mom, after completing her graduation. She normally took a bus from her place to work.

That day happened to be unlucky for her. She woke up late and just when she was about to start to work in a hurry, she realized that she had to buy her mom's tablets. After doing that, she prayed that her bus which usually comes late should come a little more later. It didn't. Seeing the empty bus stop, she was crestfallen. Just then she noticed him. He was ugly, unkempt and had that wilderness in his eyes like that of a prey that is hunted. Though it was broad day light, there was nobody there. Then she realized while in a mild fear that, it was a public holiday, but hers, being a private company, she had to go.

She hoped that he would go past her if she looked elsewhere, but could not resist seeing in his direction often. And he was coming closer, now within 50 metres. Suddenly, she started to run. He started too. Not knowing where she was going, she ran through the small roads and streets. He followed too. In the end, she went into a narrow road, which ended abruptly. There was a big chained gate before her. He was now too close. She was too terrified, even to make a sound.

He came closer and asked her in gasps - "Why did you run away from me again, mom?".

p.s. [added later] Yes. As you guessed, he was insane.

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

oh my.... she must have been so terrified, but i think he was even more terrified of losing his mom once again.... painful.... maybe he turned insane because of his mother leaving him or people telling him that his mother ran away....

nice story.... you have so beautifully described, the devotion of a daughter and how blessed the mom is to have a child like that, and a mom who was not so fortunate to enjoy the love of her son by choosing to/made to abandon him, and what may happen to a child left in a lurch. nice story rgs!!

Akila

3. rgsrinivasan

Thats just the point Akila. We never know why he turned insane and why or how he should consider her as his mom - a resemblance perhaps? But the point is that we never know who is more terrified. Enjoyed writing this, you know? The last line opens up just another completely different scenario. Thanks a lot for your feedback. -rgs

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Very nice RGS. He had the determination to get his mother back and she was terrified not knowing his intentions. The helplessness makes one feel terrible and that was the feeling at both ends.

5. rgsrinivasan

You got it correct Viswamitra. Thanks for summing that up nicely.

Regards,
    RG Srinivasan

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Oh my Rgs... i was reading with bated breath..and lo....the end took me caught me totally unawares....

I should have guessed it know ing you...lol

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks so much Lalitha, for your nice feedback. Believe me! I rarely get it that better. :) -rgs

8. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Insane or not, being followed by another person is terrifying. Only when you reach a safe place do you actually think about it and maybe have a laugh or too. Well narrated.

9. rgsrinivasan

Quite rightly said RamyaRamani. Thanks for your appreciation. Happy to receive a first from you. -rgs

10. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear RGS,
    When I was reading this story , I was Terrified.
    I was thinking about that boy.Felt Pittty about Him.
    But always a' twist' in your story, which I like that twist.(Happy Ending).
    well narrated.
    I enjoyed.
    Thanks, RGS.