Terrible pain in left ribs

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by reddy2207, Jan 3, 2008.

1. reddy2207

reddy2207 New IL'ite

I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant, and ever since Month 7, I've had terrible pain right on my bra strap line where my breasts meet my ribcage. Pain starts on left side and extends towards center. Does any one else experience this? I did try heating pads as my doctor suggested but no use. I dont want to take any pain killers. Does any one have other remedies?

2. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

My friend had pains in her ribs as her baby was repeatedly kicking her there. When she consulted the doc, she was told that for a few people this problem will be there. Try to change to a different position to see if your baby is moving away from that spot.

But please consult your doc immediately to see if its only this problem or if the pain is caused because of something else. Based on that, you can do the needful.

Take care.

3. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

hi reddy2207

congrats for your pregnancy. I agree with what geetha has said. I am at 34 weeks now and I also feel the pain in the same area when my baby kicks. One place where he/she kicks is in left side and other is more towards the ribs in the right side and in the right side its more painful.

It has been weeks now since then whenever I eat or drink even water, I can feel the pain. I had asked my midwife about it, she says nothing to worry. If in situations, when you feel too breathless and are unable to talk, you should go to a doctor

Take care

All the best