1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Terms and Conditions of the Mother's Day Competition for Bloggers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Phoenixritu, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Phoenixritu

Phoenixritu New IL'ite

Parenting Blog Entry Contest Terms and Conditions

1. Eligibility:
    Contestant must be over 21 years of age and be of South Asian descent.

Contestants should have a blog about six months old with at least 30 entries. Bloggers blogging in IL and external bloggers registered with indiblogger.in are exempt from this requirement.

Contestant must be a member of Indusladies. If you are not one, do join, its free.
    The blog entry must have the Indusladies Mothers Day Contest banner displayed.

2. Contest Period:
    The contest runs from (6th April 2009 to 26th April 2009 and ends at midnight Indian Standard Time on 26th April 2009)

3. Rules and Conditions
    Please re-read and edit your entry before you submit. If you discover an error only after submission, there may be no way that you can delete your entry on the IndusLadies forum and no emails will be entertained for correction of entry.
    Please do not put any personally identifying information in the body of your entry. By this we mean no byline, signature, credit line, copyright notice or symbol. If you have filled out the fields for name, email address and phone number, never fear, your entry is linked to that data by the system. The body of your entry is all our jury will see, and all that they want to see. Entries that ignore this will be seen to be trying to influence the jury, and will be disqualified.
    Different word processors frequently have different ways of counting words. If your word processor tells you that you have X number of words, and our contest engine’s word count says you have exceeded X, we’re sorry, but our contest engine rules. No emails will be entertained regarding this either.
    Entries must be in English
    Entries must be not more than 1200 words long.
    All blog entries must be in English, not more than 1200 words in length, and contain a mention of this contest in the title and have the Indusladies Mothers Day banner
    Entries must be your own, original work, and previously unpublished anywhere, in print or online. (We interpret “published” to mean that there was some form of editorial or jury selection and/or payment involved. So work that appeared on a personal blog or un-moderated forum is okay, but something that won you a prize somewhere is not. Something that may have been selected to be printed in a newspaper is published, whether you got paid for it or not.)
    There is no entry fee.
    The decisions are by vote and are final and binding, and no correspondence will be entertained regarding the decisions.

4. Submission Limitations and Rights: By entering this Contest, you explicitly (i) certify that you meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in these Official Rules; (ii) represent and warrant that you have not used any licensed material or any material owned or controlled by someone other than you in your submission, including, without limitation, words, music, graphics or artwork as they may apply; and (iii) represent and warrant that your submission is your sole and original work and you have not copied or plagiarized the content or the concept from other material.(iv) Submissions remain the intellectual property of the entrants, but by submitting an entry, you give the IndusLadies and the sponsors permission to use your entry, with acknowledgement, but with no payment to you, in their websites, as part of Press Releases (where they may be reproduced by media organizations).

5. Voting and Winner Selection: During the Voting Period, which is 27th April 2009 till 4th May 2009 for the top ten blog entries, any member of the public with Internet access is invited to vote for the submissions they find appealing and that best convinces them that the author deserves the prize. A person may vote only once. Then the top ten will be short listed, which will again be put on vote from May 5th to May 9th 2009. The three finalists will be announced on Mother’s Day, 10th May, 2009 at IndusLadies.

6. To Vote go to IndusLadies.com during the Voting Period to view the eligible entries. Click through to the submissions to view them in their entirety. Then cast your vote through the voting mechanism that will appear at the top of the page. At the end of the Contest, the submission with the highest number of votes will be declared the winner— provided all votes are eligible votes according to these Official Rules. All ineligible votes will be discarded. The decision of the Sponsor and the Administrator will be final. If there is a tie based on eligible votes, the Administrator will select one (1) Grand Prize winner in random drawings from those with the highest scores.

7. We will retain rights on your entries, for the duration of the contest, and thereafter, the rights revert back to you.

8. Entrant agrees to these terms and conditions, and no disputes will be entertained.

9. The short listed entries will be announced on 27th April 2009 and the three winners on 10th May 2009

10.The ten short listed candidates win a T Shirt and a Cap from IndusLadies. The 3rd Place winner gets $50, the 2nd Place winner $100 and the winner gets $200 from IndusLadies.

11. We can ship the prize winning T Shirts and Caps and letter holders to Indian addresses. In case the winner is residing somewhere else in the world, you would want to work out shipment to your address from India.

2. khushi4all

khushi4all New IL'ite

3. rvnachar

rvnachar Silver IL'ite

Please advise me as to how I should upload the banner to my blog. My blog titled 'Am I
    A Perfect Mother?' is my entry to the contest. Please reply soon.

4. airakumar

airakumar New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am married but I don't have a kid. Am I eligible for this contest?

plz reply.

Regards,
    Aira

5. pudugaithendral

pudugaithendral New IL'ite

i am unable to add the banner to my post kindly help me.

thanks

pudugaithendral

6. Phoenixritu

Phoenixritu New IL'ite

Of course you are! Go ahead

7. Phoenixritu

Phoenixritu New IL'ite

Download the banner on your pc, save it and then copy paste it into your blog , or upload a link

8. airakumar

airakumar New IL'ite

9. Pipettesmimi

Pipettesmimi New IL'ite

10. Anjuli

Anjuli New IL'ite

I have a doubt, the second round of voting has already started, it was supposed to start on 5th of May. how come its started a day early?

I have already told my friends to vote, now they are voting, I hope the votes will be counted.

please clear the confusion.

Regards,
    Anjuli