Tension during prenancy affect Baby?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ramz123, Mar 2, 2013.

1. ramz123

ramz123 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am 24 week pregnant now. Due to some misunderstanding, I am seperated from my husband and now I am staying in my mom's place. I am not able to share all my feelings like my baby kicks n jabs to my husband. Though i am ready to speak to him, he is ignoring me. I am always worried about this.
    So, my concern is whether all these tension will affect my baby's brain development? or will it lead to any other health problem for my baby?

2. chitii

chitii Bronze IL'ite

Defiantly It will affect to your baby. Happiness is the important thing for you now. Solve you problem as soon as possible and be happy with your husband. Take help from your parents and in-laws who ever needed to solve your problem.

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Affect brain development? certainly not! I am not an expert to comment on technicalities but as a mom and a woman I want answer you. There are many situations in life which are not under our control. Whatever is happening between you and your husband, I do hope you will find a way to resolve it.

That said, it is an important phase you are going through in your life and it is understandable that you want to share. While you are working at it, try and enjoy your pregnancy - talk to your baby, pray to God, sit in front of God twice a day and chant some shlokas, listen to music, read good books, eat well, sleep well, rest as much as you can - all these will have positive effects on your child. Don't beat yourself up with worry - at this point, all your problems are one aspect of your life and this child is another. Don't let one upset the other. Things will be fine.

And finally, I think it would do you good if you maintained a journal of some sorts (about your baby and your +ve feelings) as you go through these months - it will calm you to no end, will give you a feel of sharing and help you in many other ways.

Best wishes for a happy delivery and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

1 person likes this.
  4. Sowmya2709

Sowmya2709 Platinum IL'ite

Just forget all ur worries and be happy for the baby.. Make ur husband also realize that how much his part is involved through out ur pregnancy.. If, he is not ready to co-operate hear good music, listen to devotional songs, cartoons and do whichever makes u happy..Be happy and cool, all is well.. :)

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Forget all your worries. Such tensions would never affect your baby's brain development.

I too had severe issues while I was carrying my first one. Cried a lot, longed for something which I never got that time. But instead of crying all the time, I concentrated on prayers, and hopes. Started talking to the little one, whom was my best pal those days.

Now I have a very healthy, active and very very talented 2 year old boy, who is extremely affectionate towards me

2 people like this.
  6. ramz123

ramz123 New IL'ite

Thanks for all your care and replies. Really all your words were encouraging and hope things will go good. Once again thank you all for your valuable words and time.

7. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

ramz,

don't worry. Your kid will be fine. Try to speak with your hubby and solve the problem. Divert yourself with prayer, music and what are all the things you like to do.

8. itsmebhama

itsmebhama Bronze IL'ite

hi ramz,
    i can very well understand ur feelings. i was also facing the same situation wen i was pregnant. now my baby is 4 months old. now also i am facing the same situation from my husband. because of my tension i had heavy bleeding when i was 4 months pregnant and doctors told 99% chance for my baby but due to GODs blessings my baby didnt leave me. and after tht till delivery i was under bed rest. that time also no care from my husband and didnt even come to see me after tht.
    wat i want to tell u is how many time u think about ur husband double time u think about ur baby and triple time pray for ur baby. chant garbharakshambika sthothram wen ever u can. it will help. i know tht u cannot control ur feeling while pregnant. if u want to cry u cry. but after tht just pray pray pray....... tht will help. GOD will protect ur baby...... some women are unlucky to suffer while pregnant also. tht is the most painful suffering. i know because i faced it.
    my prayers for u and ur baby... may this baby bring love and care once again to ur family....
    take care

9. LunaDoveDesigns

LunaDoveDesigns Silver IL'ite

That depends on how long you are stressed out for.

Prolonged stress during pregnancy isn't good for you or baby. It can lead to high blood pressure, low birth weight, and premature delivery, among other things (a web search will turn up dozens of articles, but dont go scaring yourself and making the stress worse). Not saying that those things WILL happen, but your chances of them are definitely increased.

Please do try to relax. Maybe you can have a friend or relative try to talk to your husband on your behalf?