Temples In and Around Bangalore!

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by ammulur, May 29, 2014.

1. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Murdeshwar - Karnata

IMG_20150628_161220 copy.JPG
    IMG_20150628_152424 copy.JPG

2 people like this.
  2. rachaputi

3. rachaputi

4. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

:thankyou2: @rachaputi for sharing the beautiful images of Murdeshwar Temple.

1 person likes this.
  5. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Recently visited Godavari Puskarallu in Rajamandry (AP), the 2nd image is of Isckon in Rajamandry.

Iscon1.jpg

Iscon.jpg

1 person likes this.
  6. rachaputi

Pleasant godavari, colourful Iskon Temple

Thanks for sharing amulu..

7. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

We frequently go to a ganesha temple located in a place called Mulbagal. Its about 1.5 hrs drive from whitefield. Its a very old temple with a huge statue of Ganesha.
    Google for Kurumudale Mahaganapathi temple to find directions.

One more powerful temple is Kukke Subrahmanya temple which is close to coorg.

Another powerful temple is Shiva temple in a small village called Ujjire which is close to Dharmasthala. The locals of Ujjire refer to the temple as surya temple though.

1 person likes this.
  8. rachaputi

I used to wonder how Bangalore can get tag of green city with these huge pollution.

But changed my opinion during the journey to kukke, murdeshwar, Gokarna, Kalasa, Udupi

Yes karnataka is Green state,hope it will be forever..

Yet to visit coorg and ooty, but kalasa made me so happy, it will be sit front in wonderful experiences. You can enjoy drive better, in own vehicle, roads, scenaries, hills, trekking, waterfalls.. such a peaceful and memorable, budget journey filled my heart so much happiness.

We took the package from local people, they had arrange open top zeep for site seeing and trekking, it doesn't have seats or top. Had seen using those type of vehicle for buffellows and animals for transportation:bang:bang. By reminding that felt so weird and embarrassed to get into it. But once after the journey has started we come to know that is the right one. Kalasa is the area that had so many turnings, ghats. So, these roofless vehicles doesnot make you feel giddiness or stomach upset. And mainly you will enjoy the nature just like a bird. Sringeri is just 10kms from this place. But i do not suggest with small kids and aged people. Because you feel scary while trekking (with vehicle), check it in google for more details.

Budget- 10k to 15k max including transport, hotels, food, package for two days. Dont for high class resorts, definitely you cannot enjoy, u feel like bird in gold cage, and far from the site seeing places you will end up tiered.

Definitely a eye feast for nature lovers.

Actually @ammulur i dont want to deviate this thread from original subject, but couldn't able to control once after started. You know i have added sringeri(temple concern) word also in this post did you check? :hide:

9. Suparni

Suparni Platinum IL'ite

10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Superb thread..need more pics and very informative also