1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Teeth disorder and bedwetting problem

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Minni, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Minni

Minni New IL'ite

My kid is 4yrs old..she sucks her thumb while sleeping only .whole night/afternoon whenever she sleeps she sucks her thumb if i remove forcefully she will cry or else for 5min she will keep quite and again after sometime she will start sucking.
    i tried applying many things to her thumb..tumeric..tooth paste..socks if i put socks to her arm she will cry..and ask me to remove.
    she has tooth disorder and also her words or telling rhymes has no clarity.teacher complains about this.
    this is one of the twin..the other has bed wetting in the nights only.
    ough...i stopped her giving water after 8..2hrs before sleep.I will take her to loo 2-3 times before going to sleep.even in the midnight also i will wake her up...sometimes she will resist to come to loo...
    But still...it continues her bedwetting
    explained her manytimes...warned her..but no use..

please ladies suggest ....

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Medically speaking - bedwetting is considered a problem only if it persists after 5 years (completed years) and thumbsucking too you can probably give it another year or two before you need to take serious action. What tooth problem is this? Unclear speech will be greatly helped by a speech therapist - talk to your pedi or an ENT doc about this first.

Vanathi.

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Could there be some new added stress at home - some change, something that is making them hold on to their comfort, a new baby, may be?
    Is the speech problem you are talking about from badly aligned teeth... Have you taken her to a dentist, some very simple measures to correct the teeth. Most of us tend to be a little lax about the milk teeth, but a good alignment of milk teeth is essential in clear enunciation as well as gaining confidence. All that you are doing will help them break the habit, but it will take a while, please do not expect immediate results.
    The one thing you can offer to your kids is another source of comfort, a soft toy, something that belonged to you, maybe to reassure her.
    About bed wetting, Vanathi has said it all. Hope the situation resolves for you soon.