1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Technology

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 1, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Technology has made me lazy in some cases and useful for me in some cases. Lazy in using Laptop because I have to take out to use it and mobile can be used immediately. So now a days I use mobile more and only to nominate I use Laptop as I have not learnt how to nominate from mobile.I have wifi at home and in my mobile also net connection. So I use both. I used to be active in IL when I was using computer earier and then Laptop but now not very active because I just see whether any notifications are there and sometimes give feedback wherever I am able togive . I am not able to post photos also through mobile only for IL whereas for facebook I am able to. So that also I have to use Laptop.

Now also after I started writing I think God wanted to test me. The wifi at home got disconnected . I started typing in Laptop and no patience to retype in the mobile. Even I dont read after typing . I was boasting that I have no prblem in facebook but in mobile I was not getting facebook. I dont have full knowledge of modern technology but manage somehow. I disconnected the wifi and connected to my mobile connection and I could see facebook.

Now a days even small children at the age of two years only know how to use mobile and they will teach us. In my husband's family his niece's grand son and his brother's grandson watch U tube in mobile.

Before my wifi goes off let me post this,Thanks @GeetaKashyap for letting me know how to nominate through mobile. Hope next time I am able to do

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

I appreciate the interest you take in updating yourself, dear Vijima. With a mobile on hand, literally the world is in our hands or at our feet!

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Geeta dear for your first feedback. I really appreciate you never fail to give feedback to all my threads though I don't give to all your posts. Thanks for your compliments. From childhood I wanted to be the top in everything and learn everything.God has given me opportunities.I could learn computer through office and other things my children taught me. They also bought me the latest mobile
    Made me tech savvy

Thyagarajan and GeetaKashyap like this.
  4. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

I don’t know how you use the keys of a phone for typing, since it needs a lot of dexterity,and I admire you for this, for your enthusiasm, you show in all your writings and FBs. I am comfortable using an IPad which is more convenient and easy to handle. Children have nimble fingers and have no problems using any device, but they don’t realize the dangers involved in using the net.
    No doubt you are the queen of this ILF, coming out with frequent snippets and encouraging FBs. Wish you all the best.

Agatha83

5. LifeInPieces

LifeInPieces New IL'ite

You should always try to learn new things

iyerviji likes this.
  6. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Modern gadgets are very user friendly. It is possible to do most of what we do on computer , laptop, iPad or smartphone. It needs some practice and trial and error method. On phone on has to be careful not to download apps which may disturb the settings etc.
    Seniors are getting used to smartphones very fast.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear for your lovely message. I a it is difficult to type in mobile but somehow I managed.Sometimes the letter comes wrong.

Ya parents should realise that about children

Thanks for your compliments but don't know whether I amworthy

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

True.Thanks for your feedback

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame