1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Teaching toddlers at home methods/systems

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by tikka, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Today we read:
    Apple publishers - My first Red Book of Moral Stories Series: The Lion and The Hare. (Rs.20)
    She liked the pictures and the large prints. We read it near DS, he was trying to grab the pictures :)))
    Before bed, she was reaing it again... she has packed this for her Monday - Story time in School.

List of books that i picked up:
    Apple's - The frog and the mouse, Musical Donkey, The Stag and his reflection, The clever crab and the heron (All 20/-)
    Applebooks - First 1000 action words(90/-)
    Shanti publications - Little kids series - Tom, the careful boy (20/-)
    Cambridge Univ press - Level 1 - Mosquito bites, Fruit Salad. ( 22/- DD is above this level, but thought DS would like it by 1+ yrs)
    Tulika - Bahadur Series - I am sleepy, The seed, Pranav's picture, Norbu's shoes, Takdir the tiger cub (50-80/-)
    Kohwai&young - Big, Bigger, Biggest (40/-)
    DS publishers - Papa read to me series - Peter and the wolf, Pinocchio (22/-)

2. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Has anyone read "What do you do with a Kangaroo" by Mercer Mayer? I heard that it is very a cute story about a kangaroo who jumps into a house and bosses around.

3. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

INFO.

Scholastic Books deal with Usborne Titles in India. I called up to get something for my niece.
    They are at Indra Nagar, Adyar and there is some discount sale at present on Scholastic Books. However, I think they will have only limited choices on Usborne. Planning to visit this week.

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Where in Indra Nagar Ramya? I must visit next time I'm in Chennai or I can ask my Dad to stop by.

Pon - I have some of the picture books from Apple and DS liked them. They are in Anna Nagar I think. Thats one more thing for the next visit.

Radhee - I like the title but no, I havent seen it.

V.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  5. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

V - This is in 26th cross street, Indra Nagar.
    Since I know the area, I just called them up and got directions. Let me see if I can visit sometime this weekend (IF DD becomes ok)

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Ok - let me know if you visit.

V.

7. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hey V, I checked out the place.
    This is scholastic's warehouse and they do not have people to guide us on books, titles etc. They do have good number of scholastic books on display.
    But w.r.t Usborne, they are not many - I saw Usborne's
    - Illustrated Classics for Boys, Illustrated Classics for Girls, First stories, Illustrated Encyclopedia, Farm Stories etc etc. Many books look a old, though. And all Usborne ones are pretty pricy (Rs.200 + Only)
    If we are able to spend good amount of time, we may get some good ones. I was not able to spend more than 10 min there as DD started crying :((
    They have a sale for Scholastic books now (Fill one bag of any number of books for Rs.1000!!)

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Thanks Ramya. May still go when I get to Chennai next.

V.