Teaching as career for women wanting to balance professional and personal life.

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by BabliKaur, May 13, 2010.

1. BabliKaur

BabliKaur New IL'ite

Hi,

I am a stay at home mom residing in Gurgaon since past two years.I was earlier working and when had to sit at home for my daughter couldn't help feeling a little frustrated.It was only gradually I realized that I did enjoy alot of things about being a housewife ... like getting sufficient time to relax,exercise,pursue hobbies and last but not the least -taking care of my daughter...something probably would never get in a corporate job..But at the same time I also start thinking that once my kid(s) grow up, I should have some kind of engagement...So I thought of taking Maths teaching as a career option...Plan to do B.Ed ..I am looking for a like minded lady as a buddy so that we can motivate each other.....

2. Aditi203

Aditi203 New IL'ite

Hi Babli..:)

Nice to read ur thread..im currently in Delhi have done my B.Ed. and i'm too a stay-at-home-mom of my 17months old boy..
    i completely agree to wat u say..
    a constant tussle goes in my mind as well.:bonk
    but as of now my top priority is my son,who needs me all the time..
    Iv planned to take up teaching once my son starts going to school but till then im thoroughly enjoying my blissful stay at home..:coffee:wave
    Wud love to hear more from you..

Take Care!:wave:wave
    Aditi

3. newsoul

newsoul Bronze IL'ite

Hi! Good to see 2 like minded people...I'm in the same boat. Is it necessary to have teaching experience before doing B.Ed? I'm also looking for other career options. Please let me know if you have any ideas...
    Thanks.

4. ramshree

ramshree New IL'ite

Hi all,

Good approach .I also did the same. Continued my study and my studies made my life steady. now I teach maths.Continue your studies as kids will grow up you will get enough time.Teaching is a good option.we can manage our home and job comfortably.:)

5. PreetiSandhu01

PreetiSandhu01 New IL'ite

Hi Friends, glad to join the discussion. Teaching in indeed a profession preferred by most married women/mothers in India; because besides providing a secure working environment it is supposed to offer the opportunity to spend more of quality time with the children and family.

However, with education system in India going in for a makeover, the truth in city schools is that teachers have to toil very-very hard to keep up with the expectations of the school curriculum. Its a fact that city schools nowadays have to work too hard to keep up with competition related to admissions and demanding parents.

Gone are the days when teachers were envied to be the one who could enjoy the luxury to having breakfast and lunch at home; but its not the case any more. I've seen teachers having to go a few hours early and leave a few hours late from school, which makes them reach home at around 5 pm (or 6pm is the school is at a good distance).

Hey, I'm not discouraging my enthusiastic friends who are 'aspiring teachers' but this is the fact. Would love to know your views.

Thanks,

Preeti