1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Teaching-A way to rejuvenate the Inner-self!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Jul 14, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    It’s July and it’s the time for my kids’ exams. In their school, they have a li’l different pattern for exam and evaluation. Apart from the main semester exam, there are marks awarded for revision tests, projects, orals, upkeep of books and overall conduct. So it’s a fun. Kids thoroughly enjoy preparing for projects, orals and cover their books before their exam, so even at the end of the term; the books look brand new, neat n clean.
    This is the time when I actually sit with my daughters and teach them a few basics, some tips to remember the whole big chapter on finger tips, make flow charts and mind-maps. The whole chapter is covered in less than two-three pages. They enjoy learning this way. It’s basically a revision sort of a thing before exams. I just love doing this so I also take enough pains to make their study material short, sweet n interesting. It has audio-visuals and then I sit with them to narrate it and make them get it in their sub-conscious mind. This whole process is very interesting, innovative and creative and you surely get a satisfaction that you are doing something worthwhile. I enjoy doing this to the fullest and not only me but my both daughters too look forward to this method of edutainment.
    Friends, you would be surprised to know that I discovered this method of rejuvenation when I was a school-going kid. I enjoyed helping my friends n classmates in solving their problems related with studies and always came out with a method which was easy to understand n remember. This gave me a pleasure and I would do it during my study break. I found out that instead of just sitting n relaxing or watching TV or doing something of recreation didn’t actually help me in relaxation but an indulgence in this gave me a different kinda satisfaction. Actually most of my topics were studied this way only. Because, if you are going to teach someone, you’ve to prepare that topic beforehand and this way I started enjoying my studies even more and then it became a hobby and then a way of life.
    Have you ever tried this? If not, please do give it a serious thought and get evolved as never before!!!
    Regs J

2. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Your method sounds great Anukarsha except I don't know if I can manage that. :) Some are born to teach and impart knowledge while others go through their entire lives seeking knowledge from others. In the scenerio that you described, guess who you would be teaching to? Me. :)

If you are not a teacher already, you have missed your calling. So are you?

3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi meena!thanks for your loving feedback.to tell you frankly i am also a student.i love learning new things.i am not a teacher by profession but ya, i just love teaching.teaching is another method to learn you see.when you teach,you are exposed to many questions from your students,which in turn makes you more knowledgeable.so lets make this caption true-"each one teach one", hahaha.cheers-anu:)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010