1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Teachers not sparing the rod.....

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Shanvy, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

Yesterday while watching the news I was horrified seeing a teacher who had given electric shock
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] to students[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif].[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
    Mishra called the 8th- and 9th-standard students[/FONT]
    in Central Railway English School[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] a week ago to the physics laboratory for practicals. After a while, when he found that the students were inattentive, he summoned them one by one and administered a shock with the eliminator to over 22 students. Although a shock with an eliminator is very mild, it set off panic waves among the students, who called up their parents the next day. Subsequently, all the students were taken to a local hospital for a medical examination.
    And also has told the students that he will throw them out of the class window if they told anybody.

Last month, there was an incident in a Delhi school, where the teacher hit a student in the cheek, the boy fell down unconcious...when they tried to revive him, he had lost the mobility in his legs and hand....later he succumbed in the hospital after fighting for a week.

In yet another instance a class VI girl was allegedly beaten mercilessly by her teacher for not getting a high score in a school test.She has fractured the fingers of her right hand, is in a state of shock and is too scared to go back to school.

The incident in among several reported cases of teachers not 'sparing the rod' despite the National Education Policy banning corporal punishment and the courts of law also taking a firm line against it.

I know of teachers hitting the kids for not writing homework in a very reputed school in chennai. In another case, the ear of the child is pinched so badly that it remains in the mind of the child as a fear.

So, what do you call this. impatience, frustation. Venting their anger at children, in the name of discipline..
    [/FONT]

2. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

Though i do not have a personal experience of such incidents happening to the innocent kids, all these scare me a lot as i will be sending my son to school in another 6 months. I guess this situation is mainly because the so called teachers are not into this profession as they are passionate about teaching, but just because they could not find a job of their needs and this job would fullfil their needs partially.

Sri

3. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi shanvy
    I feel scared on hearing such horrifying stories abt the punishments given by the teachers..Thsi is due to lack of patience in the sco-called teachers..Their profession is the noblest profession and why do such teachers forget this??\
    anyways they shud not be spared...

Cheers
    Ramya

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

This article was not to scare any of the parents. It was just my voicing out what i am hearing around. There was a article in a chennai tamil edition of a paper..asking how safe is the school your child goes....

This is for us to be more careful and aware about what is happening in schools

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi ramya,

Sometimes i am really worried..where are we going.....

I think the teachers are also frustated..and they are venting out all their anger at the students...they are also on short fuses i supposes....