1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Teacher's Day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: HAPPY
    TEACHER'S DAY
    :hello:
    Besides teachers in our academic campus, we get to learn from many in real and virtual friends' circle. I learn every day, everytime I browse from all my fellow members in IL.
    I SAY VANDHANAM TO ALL.
    An interesting story about relationship between a last bencher and teacher in link below
    Shri Gurubhyo Namah!
    Please read at your leisure.
    @Kohvachn thanks for reminding me it is today - a day dedicated to think in gratitude of teachers - our ladder.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    Kohvachn and Gauri03 like this.

2. sociallifein30s

sociallifein30s Gold IL'ite

ahh teachers day. all beautiful memories. First time wearing a saree.
    The feel of gratitude towards my teachers when I didnt know what I felt was gratitude at the time.

Everything is beautiful. My two cents. Its not just about the school teachers, even though our thoughts first go there. BUt everyday in life, whenever someone teaches us the little nuances is a teacher.
    Sometimes its that ONE good boss who really turned our career for good. Or that one senior at work who gives secret tips on whom to trust how much in the team (hmmm well) or even a child who just says something profound with food all over his face.
    To all those people who teach us every day life. Happy teachers day(raising my glass)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Aesthetically jotted (y)our feelings. Nostalgic. I remember such moments in Presidency college then Madras now Chennai Of 1961-64. It is co-ed. On teacher’s day All girls turned up clad in silk sarees -with napthaleen aroma - mentioning it is their mother’s or mānnï’s (Sil) or their elder sisters’.

I narrated in link similar feelings in link
    Teachers, Ladder & The Kicks

Incidentally, Once some students and friends of Dr Radhakrishnan sought the scholar's permission to celebrate his birthday. While Dr Radhakrishnan refused an extravagant celebration, he instead advised them to mark the day as Teacher's Day. And, since then his birthday is being celebrated by honoring teachers on September 5.

I just can’t forget the teachers of those times in Presidency.
    Ms Bhageerathi - i answered roll call differently in her tamil literature class. While Every student including ex central minister Chidambaram answered their attendance in class as “Yes Madam” “yah Madam” , I loudly said my presence in class in chaste Tamil as, “ Uzlayaen Cheematiyae” (உள்ளேன் சீமாட்டியே).
    Prof Thiruzhjzhana Sambandham - Head of physics department - I was attending his first lecture on radioactivity - a nice rib-tickling prose narrated in link
    Glossing Over Subject Line

Thanks and regards.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    Kohvachn likes this.