1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Teachers' Day

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Cheeniya, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I received this forward a little while ago.
    'Please give a Rose to your wife today.
    It is Teachers Day. You may not have heard so many lectures from anyone else in your life!'

Jokes apart, Teachers Day is a serious affair.
    A teacher is a friend, philosopher, and guide who influences us greatly right from our childhood till our adult life. From school to university, our teachers are there with us along the way to nurture us and help us through many a decisions. Throughout India, Teachers' Day is celebrated on September 5 in every school and college where generally the students give heartfelt tributes to their teachers and thank them for everything they do for us. This tradition started from 1962 and it was started to honour Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. His birth anniversary is September 5. He was a philosopher, scholar, an exemplary teacher, and politician and his dedicated work towards education shaped up the youth of the country. He was also the first Vice-President of India and the second President of India.
    Dr. Radhakrishnan was born on September 5, 1888, in a middle class family in Tirutani. He was an outstanding student and studied philosophy at Christian College, Madras. He taught at various colleges in his lifetime from University of Mysore to University of Calcutta. He was also appointed as the Vice-Chancellor of Andhra University, Delhi University as well as Banaras Hindu University.

He was awarded the Bharat Ratna, the highest civilian honour in the country in 1954. Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan was nominated 27 times for the Nobel Prize; sixteen times for the Nobel Prize in literature, and eleven times for the Nobel Peace prize.

Apart from Dr Radhakrishnan, many other teachers in India have transformed education. Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, another former President, who was known for his exemplary contribution to education and motivational speeches to students, is also fondly remembered on this day. Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore too was a distinguished teacher founded the Visva Bharati University that did not focus on bookish knowledge but guided students spiritually as well.

COMMENT
    So on this Teachers' Day, lets say a big thank you to all the teachers who have taught us, guided us and helped us become what we are. Happy Teachers' Day! - Courtesy NDTV Beeps

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thanks Anna for the awesome post and for sharing about him

I thank all the teachers who taught me and guided me in my life. It brings me memories of my Class teacher. While leaving the school everyone was taking autograph and I could not buy one. So I made a book and gave to my Teacher. Next day she called me and gave autographs of all the students , first I was disappointed that my book is not there but later was so happy when I saw an autograph book.ommy name. Then went and thanked her

Shanvy and Cheeniya like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Thanks a lot for your response Viji. We are talking about the Teacher-Student relationship of our days. Nowadays teachers are scared of the students!
    Students today:
    upload_2018-9-5_15-41-17.jpeg

Attached Files:

sindmani and iyerviji like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear sir,
    And sometimes parents too ;) jokes apart sir, there are many good students as well as good teachers though I believe the role of teacher is changing rapidly as far as knowledge sharing is concerned.

A Very happy Teacher's Day, as i think of my own teachers who made a difference to me.

5. Cheeniya

Sabi
    After Goodbye Mr. Chipps I see such touching scenes only in TV ads of Raymonds but not in real life

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

As I think of my school days, I remember my teachers fondly. There were some that were good, some who used to hit me with a cane (yes :( )

Happy teachers Day to all.

7. Cheeniya

@Rakhii
    Once in my 9th Standard, my teacher delivered a resounding slap to a classmate of mine and for the next three days he was asking everyone whether he too was hearing a ringing noise!

8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,
    Happy Teacher's Day.
    There are always good and not so good teachers. Nobody is bad. We love some teachers a lot and at the same time had a little fear also.
    We used to give flowers to our teachers... especially roses.we used to cry when our favourite teacher was leaving the school. I like the quote in the begining of blog about roses and wife. That is true also.
    My respects to all the teachers. I am sure we have learnt something from every teacher.
    Syamala

sindmani, Cheeniya and KrishnaPriya3 like this.
  9. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

that is so sad.
    My mom used to make handmade bouquets from our garden to all teachers :)

10. KrishnaPriya3

KrishnaPriya3 Silver IL'ite

Cheeniya Sir,
    Happy Teacher's Day to all teachers who are making and made great influence in their students life and my respects to them.

I don't have any special memory to my teachers but I don't like/support physical and mental punishments at schools in India.

My kids love and respect their teachers so much because they have never seen their teacher with stick, giving punishments or scolding. I can see so much positive influence of their teachers in my kids attitude and educational goals. I always appreciate teaching system of USA. If I'm wrong please forgive me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2018
    shyamala1234 likes this.