1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Teacher certification courses-Anyone?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by shams86, Aug 8, 2014.

1. shams86

shams86 Bronze IL'ite

hi friends, I would like to know the details and experiences done by any of our IL friends. I am interested in doing teacher certification courses(Online - preferably) to do work as a teacher once i get my EAD. When i contacted universties they're guiding to do Masters in Education with almost the tution fees of 24,000$ approximately. I've Bachelors in Engineering, not interested to do job in my field. But doing masters is completely out of my budget plus can't give that much time with kids. I heard from one of my friend that there are some short courses with some hours duration which cost very less to get a entry of teacher level programs. But i didn't get full information from her as she moved from my place. Any of you guys know please do tell me with your experiences too. kindly be thankful for the information in advance.

KashmirFlower and Nani7 like this.

2. Sjmaj

Sjmaj Gold IL'ite

I am also interested in doing teacher certification course online. I have Master's in Education and I would like to do a teacher certification course. I have been looking online for it but haven't found anything yet. It would be of great help if anyone knows about teacher certification course online.

1 person likes this.
  3. leftpost

leftpost Senior IL'ite

Hi Guys

I am preparing to be a special education teacher K-12 (since it has high demand in US and getting an H1 visa is still easier). Every state has it's own teaching exams for example, I am in California so, I have taken CBEST and CSET to teach multiple subject at elementary level. I have also taken praxis exams (ETS.org) for teaching students with special needs. You need to pass such exams in order to get license in your state.

Every state has it's own website for educators, you can go there and find the criteria to be a teacher in your state.

Hope this helps.

yashiman and priynwada like this.
  4. LakshmyManoj

LakshmyManoj New IL'ite

Hi dear,

I am in Sunnyvale and currently looking for a job. First i tried in biotech area, which was in vain. I relocated from india in Apr, received my EAD in june, and now started to search in schools, i am doing my cbest exam on sep 3rd. I am very depressed nowadays :(

5. sansrimad

sansrimad New IL'ite

hello Shams86, am sailing in same boat like you, i reside in texas and its almost 11yrs i completed my engineering. again i am no more interested to do something with my subject. i have just started looking my possibilities. out of which there is medical assistant, medical billing and coding, teaching, etc. i think we need to do some diploma courses to start a career change . if there is anything u come up with pls share.

6. yashiman

yashiman New IL'ite

Hi girls, I need your invaluable suggestion for CBEST.I heard writing portion is not similar to write an essay.they check the specific writing quality. I am confused about writing portion. anyone who can clear my dilemma will highly appreciate. please feel free to message.

Thankyou.

7. yashiman

yashiman New IL'ite

Hi dear, I will highly appreciate to share your experiences which are indeed help for the people like me.
    thank you , waiting for the reply.

8. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Reviving an old thread....anyone here who is taking the CBEST in the coming months or has passed please PM me.

9. tehmina

tehmina New IL'ite

I passed CBEST last year, what do you want to know?

10. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    Pls breif the procedure and process for CBEST.
    1) requirements
    2) time duration
    3) what's the eligibility
    4) exam preparation
    5) can h4 take this exam?
    if you know- in case on h4 how to apply for h1b.
    Thank you

shravs3 likes this.