1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

tea cups in USA

Discussion in 'Indians in California' started by guddi2, Jun 21, 2010.

1. guddi2

guddi2 New IL'ite

where can i can get small size tea cups in bay area...i searched for it in many stores but all were large cups...could any one had any idea about this...
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. IndainDad

IndainDad New IL'ite

Try at Oriental shops (Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese). They have tea cups the size we are used to in India.

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Try Cost Plus World Market. I have a multicolored version of this one that I bought there. It is cheap and the cups are small like the kind we get in India. I don't know where in the Bay area you live but there is a Cost Plus on Stevens Creek Blvd in San Jose and another one on El Camino Real in Mountain View.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  4. deepanair

deepanair Senior IL'ite

true! I faced an ordeal trying to get teacups in SF. Either they are too large or too small! I still don't have the indian size ones but did see some recently in Macy's- they were bone china ones and kind of expensive but really good looking ones!

Deepa

5. sweety20

sweety20 New IL'ite

You get them in IKEA! In cooking utensil section 6 cups with saucers in one pack for $ 6 or so. Ideal size. But, you get them in plain colors only. No flowers or designs. Have a look and let me know.

Sweety

6. meba

meba New IL'ite

As sweety said in the above post ,u get them in ikea.even i bought there.

Meba

7. kalaprabha

kalaprabha Silver IL'ite

I got a dinner set from Costco whole sale recently .The set includes four tea cups and saucers made of china clay with designs on it.

Kala

8. socalgal

socalgal New IL'ite

Hi Guddi2,
    I had this set of corelle every day dinner ware which came with 4 cups and saucers that are really ideal. You may find it at Kmart/ walmart stores
    IKEA also has some stuff but they may not be the size u are looking for but the closest I remember seeeing were plain glass mugs a set of 6 small.
    Socalgal