1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tata Sky / Airtel / Videocon DTH

Discussion in 'TV' started by amihere, May 10, 2013.

DTH you opt

1. Tata Sky

60.0%
  2. Airtel

20.0%
  3. Videocon

20.0%
  4. Others(If others which one?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Hi ami
    I have airtel at my mom's place and the clarity is really good and earlier they gave lot of free channels also but now no English news channel is free and you have to get top up for that. There customer service is good here but yeah in beginning they irritated us. We had to move the connection from top floor to ground floor in same house and the so called engineer did not come for one month and finally when told customer care guy that we are stopping their services then they came!! But after that service has been good.
    At my home we have video con. I don't know what all are free to air channels and my dh has subscribed to all the channels in the world . I feel it is bit slow to start as it says loading on the screen for longer time than air tel.
    Out of the two I like air tel better.

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi iswaryadevi & saishakthi thanks for sharing the experience with customer care.This is a strong point to choose/not choose a product.
    Hi Paranati, thnaks for the fb. Other than delay is tata sky better to airtel? Since you have used both hows their customer service?
    Hi Cutemonster,thanks for the detailed reply :)

3. kalaipriya

kalaipriya Platinum IL'ite

Airtel is good. We are using it.

4. kalpanareddy

kalpanareddy Bronze IL'ite

tata sky is good..blindly go fr it..tata sky customer care is very nice
    Airtel is the worst customer service in the world I have ever seen...

5. mehzabeen

mehzabeen Gold IL'ite

We recently bought Videocon D2H.
    It is good, Clarity is awesome.
    22 HD channel.

Go for a platinum HD package, it costs Rs.5700 per year (including device activation and installation charges). which inludes all the channels and 2 nos. D2H cinema Channels and a 3D channel.

The speed of getting loading depends on the processor inside your TV. If you have a decent LCD TV, it is enough for faster loading.

6. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Priya and Kalpana, too many bad reviews about airtel customer care is making me shy away from airtel.

Hi Mehzabeen, thanks for the fb.Is only Rs.5700/- required for first year including monthly charges and set top box? How will the monthly charges be after a year? And when you say all channels does that include regional channels as well?

7. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

yes it includes all regional channels. there is a pachage of 5 years subscription too, which i dont remember costs how much but it is well reasonable and better than tatasky, as tatasky doesnt offer many HD channels..

8. mehzabeen

mehzabeen Gold IL'ite

Yes it costs Rs.5700 per year only. From Next year on-wards Rs495 per month for platinum HD.. And when I said all channels, it includes all regional channels too.

9. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Dears, Thanks for all the inputs. We have decided on Tata Sky(mainly due to very +ve fb here)/Hathway. Hathway since tata sky has only 4channels in Malayalam :(