1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tasty Marinated Chicken

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by depressed, Jul 7, 2009.

1. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Tasty Marinated Chicken For the meat lovers !

There are several versions of marinated chicken that I cook. one is made with coriander and mint leaf paste, another with tomato paste ans another with coconut paste. But this time, I am sharing one of the easiest but one of the tastiest version of marinated chicken. This dish requires some ready made ingredients, like soya sauce, tomato sauce and vinegar.

INGREDIENTS:

1 kg boneless chicken [ chicken with bone will also do]

For the Marination:
    Ginger -1 inch
    Garlic -4-5 pods
    2 big Onions-
    3 green chillies
    Make a paste using these-chopped ginger,garlic, green chillies and onion in a grinder.

2 tablespoon Soya sauce
    2 tablespoon Tomato sauce
    1 tablespoon Vinegar
    1 teaspoon cumin/jeera powder
    1 tablespoon salt
    1 tablespoon mustard oil [any other oil]
    1 teaspoon black pepper powder [ optional]
    1 Lemon {MUST}​

METHOD:

Wash chicken pieces. Add oil,salt, jeera powder, pepper powder,vinegar, [ginger+garlic+chili+onion ] paste, Soya sauce and tomato sauce. Mix these ingredients with the chicken pieces.
    Keep the bowl of marinated chicken in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours or overnight.

Now heat refined oil in a pan. Add the chicken pieces one by one. Keep some marinated paste /liquid for later use. Keep frying the chicken. After the chicken pieces are nearly done, mix the rest of marinated paste. Keep frying for sometime. Add half of lemon juice. Check salt content. Add more salt if necessary. Mix thoroughly. Now add Half cup of water and cover the pan [ in SIM mode/low flame] . After 5 minutes, your chicken is done.
    Serve it with lemon pieces and tomato sauce.

Thanks,
    "HAPPY"

2. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Hey Happy,

Thanks ya for a different recipe..Will try this very soon..

3. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot, Deepali. Do try it. It is very easy to make. Yet it is very very tasty-I assure you!
    Love,
    "HAPPY"

4. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Thank u ya for posting a recipe....will surely try it out next sunday.... and let u know ok.

i usually do as my friend suggested....

marinate chicken with lime juice, chilly powder, salt, very little cumin powder, half tsp garam masala powder, finely chopped coriander leaves, ginger garlic paste.

before i used to fry them ....

now i grill it in oven for 25 minutes with just a tablespoon of oil...stopped using food colour too...

try it out happy....

-sunitha

5. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sunitha,

Thanks for posting your friend's recipe. It seems easy to make and has fewer ingredients compared to mine.
    Also, I am thinking of grilling chicken in that style in a microwave -I have not used the microwave for a long time.
    Anyway, thanks again for visiting and commenting on my blog !!!:):):)

Love ,
    "HAPPY"