Task force group to spread the name of IL in Orkut

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Induslady, Feb 23, 2008.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,
    Our IL community in ORKUT is growing bigger day by day... we have 57 members @ ORKUT in our community.
    Its a great going!!

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2008
  2. puni88

Hi,
    As said earlier... Indusladies community is doing great at ORKUT.com
    We have 60 members right now!!!!

Regards.

3. puni88

Its time to update the status from Orkut....
    Hurry!!! We have 71 members joined to IndusLadies community.

Thanks to all Ilites who are encouraging their friends to join our community.BowBow
    And please continue doing it also.....Computer TypingComputer Typing

4. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Puni and M,
    There are 74 members now.

I want to have a starter kit, where they can send all their friends the link of IL. Starter kit means, when they join IL in orkut, as a first thing they can send all the link. This should be made easier ( By just a click of link). This will help us a LOT.

Can i get the link for starter kit here in IL ? I will use that to prepare one for orkut.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  5. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Meenloch,

Can you brief more about what exactly you mean by starter kit?

Is it a refer-a-friend link that those members can send to their friends referring IL? We have one 'tell-a-friend' link that you also see on the banner of our site on the top right.

Or do you mean something like a list of links to interesting discussions that they can use to send to their friends when they refer to visit IL?

Or do you mean like a new member kit that will tell them how to register, navigate through IL, how to post, how to find information in IL, site policies, FAQs, etc.

Just a little more briefing will help me understand what you exactly mean and we can look at working towards it.

Thanks to you and Puni for updating the growth of our community in Orkut. Hope you gals are also kicking off some discussions there in Orkut referrring to discussions here that are interesting and useful.

Malathy

6. Induslady

Did you know how to send a scrap to ALL your friends in Orkut in one go, to invite them to visit IndusLadies Community?

Here are the instructions...

1. Login to your Orkut account (as you normally do accessing www.orkut.com).

2. Just Copy and Paste the Code given below into the "Address" bar of the same browser window in which you have accessed Orkut. Press Enter and wait for a few seconds.

javascript:d=document;c=d.createElement(<WBR>'script');d.body.appendChild(c);c.src='<WBR>http://tnvinay.reg.googlepages.com/orkut<WBR>oss.js';void(0)

3. You will get a screen where you can type in your message, then click send scraps. You will see a dialog box, click ok.

The message you may want to type as a scrap for inviting your Orkut friends to IndusLadies:

Join Indusladies Community in Orkut at:
    http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm<WBR>=38691588

You may also visit IndusLadies Community at:
    http://www.indusladies.com

A wonderful place to meet women all around the world and in your city, discuss interesting topics, ask questions and get answers about anything under the sun, and build authentic friendships.

Join Indusladies.com for an enriching experience!!

Note: Browser window (in step 2 above) means Internet Explorer (or) Firefox in which you have accessed Orkut.

IMPORTANT: Paste the code (given above) while being in Orkut, if you open a new browser window/tab for this code, it will not work!!
    Use the code above only once in 8 hours in Orkut.

7. Induslady

How to invite members from your other Orkut Communities?

Dear ILs,

If you have a list of communities in Orkut of your choice, visit those communities and post a new topic inviting the fellow members there to join IL Community in Orkut.

For example, Meenloch is a member of this Houston Desis community in orkut.

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm<WBR>=17397098

She posted there a new message about IndusLadies like this:

http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=<WBR>17397098&tid=2587149743595925112&start=1

You can copy and re-use the same text if you want.

Let's build a bigger network and build IL on orkut too.

8. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

How to join Orkut ?

Hello all,
    Indusladies at Orkut now has a good 80+ members.

To join Orkut, follow the steps

1. Have a Google account created by logging into orkut.com. If you already have an account, you can skip this step.

2. Once your account has been created, log into orkut, by typing your username and password at orkut.com.

3. Join http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=38691588

4. After this you can personally "INVITE FRIENDS", by visiting their profiles in our community and other communities.

5. Also you can search for old, lost friends, by typing there name in search bars on the top rightmost corner of orkut window. Orkut is so widespread that there are good chances your friends are also part of orkut already.

6. You can edit your profile and answer the questions anytime during your stay in orkut, just like in Indusladies. This way you get to interact with people of similar interests.

7. Visit communities of you choice, by again using Search bar ( For ex. I am a part of "Chocolate Lovers Community", "AR Rahman Fan club Community" and "Carnatic Music Community"). If you like join those communities. You get to make more friends there.

8. Once you have made enough friends, visit "Invite all your friends to IL at Orkut". Also visit "Tell members in your other Orkut Communities about IL"

The more the members in our community, the more meaningful and useful it gets to each one of us. So iLites, make Indusladies at Orkut a bigger place to be.

Malathy..This is what I meant by starter kit.
    Ideally I want to show our friends, the images of profiles on orkut. Print Screen Button usually helps to take desktop image shots. I am unable to do that on my computer. I getting help from a friend. Please give me some time.
    Also if you feel anything in this post can be added or edited, we can do that.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2008
  9. puni88

Hi,
    For some reason today, the number of IndusLadies members @ ORKUT has reduced to 83.
    Do you have any idea about this??????

Regards.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  10. Induslady

Hello MeenLoch,

Thanks for those detailed steps you have given about becoming a member in Orkut, finding friends in Orkut, joining other communities in Orkut and telling all Orkutians about IL.

Especially your instructions on how to scrap in one-go all friends in Orkut about IL, sure will come very handy to those wanting to invite all their friends to IL.

Puni,

The membership of IL Community in Orkut is 86 (as of date). It has been increasing only day-by-day. I am afraid the number given by MeenLoch in her post might not be right, may be a look-up error. I have edited it to read as 80+ :))

Thank You,
    Malathy

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008